Prices At California Fitness - An Update!

james_baldrey

I want to join California Fitness at paragon for 6 months and was wondering who managed to get the cheapest price!

I am guessing they want at least a 1 year commitment and the more years you sign up for the cheaper you get in for.....however if one was looking for just six months what is the best way to save money? Any ideas from members out there?

Cheers

James,

Where's the "update" you promised? In summary, you wrote that the longer the membership, the cheaper it is. Wow, that is amazing, James, I never would have thought that. Conversely, I guess, the shorter the membership, the more expensive it it. Oh stop it James, you're blowing my mind!

Edited by backflip

"I think he means he wants an update on the latest prices."

In that case, the OP's post is even dumber than I thought. Why doesn't he go to the fitness center @ Paragon and ask the price? Then, with all of the initiative he can muster, actually search the TV forum for the dozens of related threads. It's not exactly cracking the atom.

Edited by backflip

"I think he means he wants an update on the latest prices."

In that case, the OP's post is even dumber than I thought. Why doesn't he go to the fitness center @ Paragon and ask the price? Then, with all of the initiative he can muster, actually search the TV forum for the dozens of related threads. It's not exactly cracking the atom.

California's fitness prices are not fixed, you have to bargain for a good rate, it can be 20 k a month, it can be 10 k a month. I expect he come here to find out what the latest update was regarding prices that members have got recently.

I believe you can get a Diamond card for about Baht39,000 which is lifetime membership, but covers first 8 years, then a nominal yearly fee thereafter (US$50 per year?)

I think that would be better value then 2 years for Baht20,000 if you plan on staying long term in Thailand....

also you can use the affiliated "California" clubs (for free) in Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and Hong Kong when traveling...as well as the "24 Hour Fitness" clubs in the USA....

• 7 months later...
I believe you can get a Diamond card for about Baht39,000 which is lifetime membership, but covers first 8 years, then a nominal yearly fee thereafter (US$50 per year?)

I think that would be better value then 2 years for Baht20,000 if you plan on staying long term in Thailand....

also you can use the affiliated "California" clubs (for free) in Korea, Taiwan, Singapore and Hong Kong when traveling...as well as the "24 Hour Fitness" clubs in the USA....

Are you sure? I think it's what they say, but I never found anybody who can confirm that it is possible to exercise in clubs abroad.

And to all members, be careful, they go on cheating people:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...ifornia+fitness

I was offered 18 months at 12.5K cash.. I told them I'd go away and think about it... (still thinking... )

Same toilet scam going on here in Pattaya for their upcoming club on 2nd road.

What a joke when they do not list fix prices for the club.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you sure? I think it's what they say, but I never found anybody who can confirm that it is possible to exercise in clubs abroad.

And to all members, be careful, they go on cheating people:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...ifornia+fitness

french, I know you can use it overseas....I used it MANY times in Singapore, Taipei and Hong Kong and a few times in San Francisco.....not yet in Korea......

overseas you now have to show your passport or ID it seems (before they just scanned your card.....) you also can only use it only for a short time overseas (if you come in more than a week or so, everyday, then they might question that your not just visiting the city)......

When I was a member of Fitness First several years ago I had to get a "passport" of some sort before I left Thailand, to be able to use FF facilities overseas. I can't remember, but I think there was a charge for the passport, and certain of the overseas FF clubs still charged a small entrance fee. Is it similar for California Fitness?

I used my california fitness card in several 24 hour fitness gyms in las vegas and the bay area (san francisco) when I was there about 3 years ago.

no questions asked.

no drivers license, no passbook required. nada.

in the approximately 7 or 8 years that I have been with them, they have been legit.

they do have this bargaining procedure that I don't like. but that is the way they operate. if you don't know how to bargain, you don't get the best deal. reminds me of a used car dealership.

• 2 weeks later...

When they were opening in Chiang Mai, they tried to sell me a 2 year deal at a monthly rate (Don't remember the price). It was quite expensive.

As they lowered thier prices, they also lowered the times available to go. Limited times, limited dates. When I asked about using thier other locations in Phuket and Bangkok, they threw up thier arms in disgust. Not for that price, was thier answer.

I think they tossed out a permanent membership price at 50,000+.

Seems like the time share companies... so full of commissions, that only the truely wasteful join.

I'd love more info on accurate pricing too, if anyone has an update. Looks like I'll be here for a while and joining sooner than later is my intention.