Folk And Blues Music From The 60's & 70's

FolkGuitar

I'd like to find some other musicians who enjoy playing North American folk, bluegrass, and blues from the 60's and 70's. Old Kingston Trio, Joan Baez, Judy Collins, Buffy St.Marie, Patric Sky, Gorden Lightfoot, Ian & Sylvia, Mimi & Richard Farina, Stan Rogers, Muddy Waters, Leadbelly, etc. (UK folk music permited. :o )

I'm not interested in performance or creating a band to play out. I'm just looking for a group of people who want to play some good music on a regular basis without needing it to be perfect. Jamming together or exchanging solos, beginners more than welcome. With instuments or just to sing. The goal is musical fun, not fame or fortune. :D

Folk Guitar

I'd like to find some other musicians who enjoy playing North American folk, bluegrass, and blues from the 60's and 70's. Old Kingston Trio, Joan Baez, Judy Collins, Buffy St.Marie, Patric Sky, Gorden Lightfoot, Ian & Sylvia, Mimi & Richard Farina, Stan Rogers, Muddy Waters, Leadbelly, etc. (UK folk music permited. :o )

I'm not interested in performance or creating a band to play out. I'm just looking for a group of people who want to play some good music on a regular basis without needing it to be perfect. Jamming together or exchanging solos, beginners more than welcome. With instuments or just to sing. The goal is musical fun, not fame or fortune. :D

Folk Guitar

Try OUTBACK Bar on a Thursday/Monday night 1830 where a folk jam session takes place

Folk Guitar

Where will you be playing. I'd like to listen! Sound like fun and lots of nice memories.

The Fly Fisherman

Thank God! I thought I was going to be the only nut case in CM setting on the back porch playing Swallowtail and Cripple Creek on my Mando and fiddle. I should be there in another 3 months.

If you will do a search on this forum using "bluegrass" you will find a thread I started with some recomendations from others about a Thai Bluegrass group that plays at one of the clubs in CM.

Thank God! I thought I was going to be the only nut case in CM setting on the back porch playing Swallowtail and Cripple Creek on my Mando and fiddle. I should be there in another 3 months.

If you will do a search on this forum using "bluegrass" you will find a thread I started with some recomendations from others about a Thai Bluegrass group that plays at one of the clubs in CM.

Bluegrass will be great. Let's get Bill Monroe to join us! I know there are plenty of old hippies from the 60's around who 'used to play.' Start up again. It only hurts for a little while, and you remember how much fun it was then! :D

Thanks to all who have offered locations, but I'm trying to stay OUT of the pubs and the bars. That begins to take on serious visa and work permit requirments even if you aren't getting paid to play. We don't need that sort of hassle. I just want to play and have fun. :o

For myself, I'd rather play outside in a park or even somewhere along the moat in one of the larger sitting areas. Playing in someone's home would work well too, perhaps on a rotating basis if needed. Weekend days or any evenings OK by me.

If you're interested, please PM me and let me know how to contact you. Let's get some music going! For those not yet in Thailand, just contact us when you get here. The more the merrier!

Any and all instruments (triangle included) or none. All levels of players. Don't be shy. We're not here to judge. We're here to sing and entertain ourselves. If you sing in the shower you can sing well enough for this sort of activity.

Folk Guitar

Bluegrass will be great. Let's get Bill Monroe to join us! I know there are plenty of old hippies from the 60's around who 'used to play.' Start up again. It only hurts for a little while, and you remember how much fun it was then! :D

Thanks to all who have offered locations, but I'm trying to stay OUT of the pubs and the bars. That begins to take on serious visa and work permit requirments even if you aren't getting paid to play. We don't need that sort of hassle. I just want to play and have fun. :o

For myself, I'd rather play outside in a park or even somewhere along the moat in one of the larger sitting areas. Playing in someone's home would work well too, perhaps on a rotating basis if needed. Weekend days or any evenings OK by me.

If you're interested, please PM me and let me know how to contact you. Let's get some music going! For those not yet in Thailand, just contact us when you get here. The more the merrier!

Any and all instruments (triangle included) or none. All levels of players. Don't be shy. We're not here to judge. We're here to sing and entertain ourselves. If you sing in the shower you can sing well enough for this sort of activity.

Folk Guitar

The pretty green park inside the southwest corner of the moat seems like it would be ideal. Lots of space, vendors for those who get thirsty, pretty locale, and plenty of parking in the area. I wonder if anyone in town plays the washtub bass? Goes great with bluegrass music! I wonder if I could learn how to play that. There are enough washtubs around. That, a broomstick, and a piece of clothes line and a thich glove and I'm in business. I think I'll give it a try! If I can make it and figure out how to play it, can I join in?

The Fly Fisherman