I recently arrived in Thailand on a tourist visa on my departure card is stamped 15 th October 2016 giving me a 30 day visa , I read somewhere that the 30 day visa automatically extends to a 60 day visa with no need to go to a Imigrati

I am retired, but I would like to stay in Thailand on a 90 day non immigrant visa , to see if thailand is the country that I want to retire too,if it is then I can apply for the retirement visa .

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

just to reiterate concerning my visa exempt entry into thailand .I have extended my stay for another 30 days. I am retired, as I said in my previous post, what are my chances of getting a 90 day extension so that I can apply for the retirement visa,I am able to satisfy the financial requirements for the visa.
can the application for extension be done at Chaing mai imigration office or do I have to go to Bangkok to apply. many thanks for members advice.

21 hours ago, zeth77 said:

I am retired, but I would like to stay in Thailand on a 90 day non immigrant visa , to see if thailand is the country that I want to retire too,if it is then I can apply for the retirement visa .

In order to apply for a non immigrant visa at immigration you would need to show 800k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht. You could then apply for an extension of stay based upon retirement during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from it.

You can do it at Chiang Mai immigration but you will need to have at least 21 days remaing on the extension you have now.

OK, that 0ption is not applicable to me as my money is in my home country,and the 800k baht needs to be in a thailand bank for two months before applying for the extension ,so I guess my best option is to leave the country and re-enter on another type of visa that allows me to stay for a longer period of time and is more flexible,suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

6 minutes ago, zeth77 said:

OK, that 0ption is not applicable to me as my money is in my home country,and the 800k baht needs to be in a thailand bank for two months before applying for the extension ,so I guess my best option is to leave the country and re-enter on another type of visa that allows me to stay for a longer period of time and is more flexible,suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

To apply for the 90 day non immigrant visa entry the 800k baht only has to be in a Thai bank on the date you apply.  The 60 day requirement is only needed to apply for the one year extension during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa.