Visit From The Orbotor.

Ok I don't know if the spelling is correct but Mai Pen Rai.

This morning a guy turns up from the Moo Ban admin office (Orbotor ?). He wanted to check a few details. He asked for my passport, wanted some passport size photos. Asked for town of birth, and my trade/previous employment.

Now maybe it's paranoia, as my wife says they want the details in case I need help. However if someone is on overstay, it could be a way of checking. Yes I know if I'm legal and I am there's now't to worry about. First time though in 3 years. The Kamnan, police, and local immigration know I'm here. :o

Edited by Mosha

Did you or wife ask exactly why these details were needed?

It's not as if you are the title holder, or even appear on the tabien baan?

As you say, O B D people are extremely local minor government officials - their responsibility in my dambon - seems to fail with bad maintenance of roads and nonl-replacement of defective streetlight bulbs. At time of writing, we await their inertia in replacing a faulty pump to the village water supply.

So quite how they can help you if you need it, over and above help given by the local police, and or your embassy sets the imagination running wild. :o

I would have flatly refused to give them anything....but my O B D I think are incapable of asking!

.....You can see I am very anti Ongan Borican Dambon!

:D

Did you or wife ask exactly why these details were needed?

It's not as if you are the title holder, or even appear on the tabien baan?

As you say, O B D people are extremely local minor government officials - their responsibility in my dambon - seems to fail with bad maintenance of roads and nonl-replacement of defective streetlight bulbs. At time of writing, we await their inertia in replacing a faulty pump to the village water supply.

So quite how they can help you if you need it, over and above help given by the local police, and or your embassy sets the imagination running wild. :o

I would have flatly refused to give them anything....but my O B D I think are incapable of asking!

.....You can see I am very anti Ongan Borican Dambon!

:D

dah fahrang, my husband calls them the "or bor huador" so you aren't alone in your admiration for them :D

Never heard of the Or Bor Dor coming around tho, certainly they don't do it here. :D

Poster posted below two months ago so may well have applied for an extension of stay:

I am now considering going for an early upgrade to this visa. Either retirement or the support, although my visa will see me until August next year, I'm concerned about any financial changes that may come about.

Poster posted below two months ago so may well have applied for an extension of stay:
I am now considering going for an early upgrade to this visa. Either retirement or the support, although my visa will see me until August next year, I'm concerned about any financial changes that may come about.

Not yet, and I'm going for spouse support option.

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday we threw a party. One of the guests another Farang told me, the police called to check him out on Thursday. Passport number, they didn't check his visa, but there again all they need to do is check with immigration. Asked his height and weight, and what his previous employment was.

The guy in question speaks Thai very well so there was no mistaking what was happening.

[same here Mosha I live in a small village up North and had the local police turn up on the doorstep a couple of months ago (about 3 months after I moved here) and ask for my passport number, place of issue, my name, date of birth and previous occupation. Strangely they never even looked at the visa page. They said it was routine and they were asking all the farangs locally, there are only 3 or 4 of us but at least one of those was never visited. Maybe they dont know about him]

Yesterday we threw a party.

If you are having a shindig, it always a good idea to invite the local policeman.

Several came to our wedding.

Not the big guy we actually invited, but he sent a couple of his underlings. :o

Astral. Sorry but I think it is more serious than that. We are on very good terms with the police. The Nai Amphur is a friend. The guys on over stay need to be aware. Like I said they do not need your visa number. Immigration has that. Refuse to give them the info. LMFAO got something to hide?

It appears that it's the foreigners who live well outside the main towns, who are being logged. I've spoken with a friend who lives in Muang Ranong. He knows of 4 farangs all living in the sticks. A perception that some of those living in isolation are on the run

Yesterday we threw a party.

If you are having a shindig, it always a good idea to invite the local policeman.

Several came to our wedding.

Not the big guy we actually invited, but he sent a couple of his underlings. :o

And if a fight breaks out, enjoy watching them lookin at the brawl, sipping on whisky and smiling.

Seen it. :D