Don Mueang Airport to Silom Road, soi 3

FACTOR

Hi I arrive at Don Mueang Friday evening around 6:30. I want to go to my hotel on Silom Road soi 3, near Sala Daeng SkyTrain station. I know traffic will be heavy at that time so I think a taxi/metro/skystrain combination might be ok. 

So my question is -- what is the closet Metro Station to the airport; and what is the closest SkyTrain station to the airport? I'm thinking I'll take a taxi to a station and then take a train/trains into the centre to Silom Road, getting off at Sala Daeng.

Thanks.

21 minutes ago, FACTOR said:

UbonJoe, Thanks. So ... Mochit is the closest station to Don Mueang? 

(By the way, I forgot to mention, I don't want to take the old, Thai State Railway train just outside Don Mueang door -- to slow, infrequent and crowded.)

I mentioned Mochit because that is where the bus goes and you can take either train from there.

There is not much difference in the distance to other stations compared to Mochit.

You can use the site to find maps for both trains. http://www.transitbangkok.com/

On 29/09/2016 at 2:49 PM, manfredtillmann said:

the taxi is about thb 250 (as of my experience june 2016).

not worth stuffing around for - i think.

What about the 100+ baht for the expressway? It will be more like 400 baht in total during evening 'rush' hour.

If you want to save money and don't mind a slow trip you can take the 504 bus (ac yellow) all the way to Silom road. It passes Soi 3. about 20 baht bus fare.

To catch the 504 bus take the terminal exit to the right (facing the road) and you should see the bus stop on the main road. Unless they have reorganised things, but going to the left exit (i.e.in the town direction) you will have an extremely long walk.

52 minutes ago, rak sa_ngop said:

What about the 100+ baht for the expressway? It will be more like 400 baht in total during evening 'rush' hour.

If you want to save money and don't mind a slow trip you can take the 504 bus (ac yellow) all the way to Silom road. It passes Soi 3. about 20 baht bus fare.

To catch the 504 bus take the terminal exit to the right (facing the road) and you should see the bus stop on the main road. Unless they have reorganised things, but going to the left exit (i.e.in the town direction) you will have an extremely long walk.

just telling what i experienced, forth and back.