The real face of Buddhism

A few days ago, i went to one of those typical "mom & pop" shops, to buy some of those random stuff that always seems to slip out of the shopping list.
The village i am in, it's one of those places were people are REALLY attached to their temples and religious customs, lots of "money's trees" sprouting out all around, people shawing their heads and dressing in white robes, monks walking their walks on the main road, no matter what's the weather like, every single morning, with people waiting on their knees to donate something to them, etc...
There seems to be even a competition between the different families every year, on whom makes the biggest party with fireworks, the loudest music ever heard in my whole life, i bet not even a professional disco can compete with it, and rivers of alcohol which flood the place till the very last person just crash down on the floor.
These local villages, are far from being the "poor places" described by westerners, even if many people keep dressing down and looks as almost being starving, there is not a single household which can't show up a shining new car, or the latest farming vehicles, so, far from being "poor".
Anyway, that was just an introduction to better understand the local environment, let's get back to the shop.
So, i went there, then the shop's lady, told me to have a look at one of her dogs which had being hit by a car the day before, the poor puppy (apparently 7 months old), had lost the use of her two back legs and could not move, then she said to me that it was about to start raining and that the dog would die, i asked to her, why she would not move the injured dog under some shelter or something, then she replied that she would not do it because otherways the dog would relieve itself there.....
You really got to love these hardcore religious people, bragging off the entire year with their proofs of (supposed) good deeds, and then leaving to die their own pets because they could not be bothered by their sufferences.
So i took it with me (the dog, not the lady), and after just a couple of days, you can't imagine the joy of seeing it restarting gaining back, control of her tail and hind legs, when i first checked, it couldn't move them at all, but now it can even lift one leg when having a pee, still too early for standing up, but it all looks as we are slowly getting in there.
Every times i get asked of what religions am i a "fan boy", i have no problems to tell i do not follow any of them, while this inevitably ends up with the other part giving me some bad look or it change completely their attitudes, making them all of a sudden cold and uninterested, i don't really care, that's their issue and they better start to deal with it, i have no interest into all these fake "holier-than-thou" kind of people, much more interested into real positive actions, as if i wanted to follow some sorts of illusionary belief, i would rather create a more creative one than these boring senseless movements, or even join the rosey's lenses movement here on TV....
Here is Rosy for you

Rosy.jpg

Thanks QuietMan, 

i really don't mind if they'd like the puppy back, once it will hopefully restart to become autonomous again, in fact, i was the only person there, mentioning willing to give it back once she was ok again, but they insisted on keeping it, however it wouldn't surprise me if they will pretend it back if they seen it walking around on her legs, i just hope they would not try to extort money from me because i kept it for so long, unfortunately that would not be a first either, once you do a courtesy to anyone, often they'll just show up again pretending it with more things added to it, sometime asking you even for money for your privilege to being able to offer something of their likening to them, however that would requires a whole new thread to discuss, what i care about, is that a life will not be lost because of the laziness and cruelty of some other individual, i already rescued a couple of strays years back, but i wasn't really planning to get some more, hopefully they'll give it the care it deserves once they seen it as an "handsome asset" again.....

2 hours ago, AYJAYDEE said:

churchlady.png

No Ayjaydee, it's not "special" at all, that's what "normality" should really be all about, but unfortunately the so many disturbed people around, sort of reverted those views with their own sick actions and opinions, so the minority that still behave properly just look kind of strange to them and something to fight against.

I just hope (for yourself), which you didn't meant that "special" thing, as the common slang being commonly used into a certain part of the world, because if you meant to say that doing real good deeds toward someone or something else makes you less "masculine" in any ways, then i am sorry for you but you need even more help than this poor puppy, to deal with your personal insecurities.... 

2 hours ago, Mangostin said:

No Ayjaydee, it's not "special" at all, that's what "normality" should really be all about, but unfortunately the so many disturbed people around, sort of reverted those views with their own sick actions and opinions, so the minority that still behave properly just look kind of strange to them and something to fight against.

I just hope (for yourself), which you didn't meant that "special" thing, as the common slang being commonly used into a certain part of the world, because if you meant to say that doing real good deeds toward someone or something else makes you less "masculine" in any ways, then i am sorry for you but you need even more help than this poor puppy, to deal with your personal insecurities.... 

Lol!

you are a very very good man ... Long live to you mangostin ...and hopefully the dog will be fine too ....and again...thanks for doing the right thing ....

About religion ...it is just business.......so never expect too much from religious people and religious institution. they are far from being saint.