90 Day Visa Given, Wrongly! Help?

Hi people (I am from the UK)

I entered the country on the 13th Nov as per normal at the new airport and was given a 90 Day visa (10th Feb 2007), which i have found out, thanks to this forum is there mistake (as i should have recieved the normal 30 Day stamp) and its my responsibility to get out of town and renew at the right time and not rely on myself saying "well you stamped my passport wrong, its not my problem" on the 10th Feb next year!

So, my thinking is this, i will go on a visa run with thai visa service (as recommended here) on the 13th Dec, to Cambodia.

Guess i am just looking for some of you more experienced "runners" to agree with me!? as i have not done a run before and would like to spend Xmas in the sunshine!

Cheers for any advice/guidence

Newbie!

It's probably best if you pop into the nearest immigration office, they'll fix it for free.

I'm not sure how the border chaps will react to your iffy stamp even if you're leaving within the 30 days you were actually entitled to.

Pop down immigration office and sort it out, you don't wanna be confusing the immi guys at the border and be told you have to go back to BKK to sort it out anyway.

Be polite, smile a lot and ask if you can keep it in there now you have it. Never know your luck! :D

I agree, i have always found the people at the imigration department in Bangkok to be very nice people, Dress smart, be polite, smile and like Bkkmadness says, you might just get to keep it :o