The Ryder Cup.

vogie

Does anyone know the best way to watch the Ryder Cup on TV? I have just bought into the World Sport on ILovehd, and it is totally unwatchable, it buffers every two seconds or so. Does the competition start this evening, if so at what time? What are the channels it is shown on?

Edited by vogie
Spelling mistake

12 hours ago, dabhand said:

It starts tomorrow (Friday 30th). This website gives timings for all the matches:

http://www.rydercup.com/news-media/usa/2016-ryder-cup-dates-tv-times-tee-times-course-information-and-everything-else-you-1

Thailand is 12 hours ahead - so easy to convert to Thai time!! As for TV coverage........no idea as yet.

I can't see that they are showing it on True Sports this time around - just a 1 hour highlights package on the golf channel  between 5.00 - 6.00 AM!!:sad:.

Just found some info on ILIKEHD UK TV, it seems it is on Sky 4, the opening is being shown at 1500hrs this afternoon and the foursomes begin at 1830hrs tonight. The buffering on the channel is horrendous, might make it unwatchable for me. :saai:

Edited by vogie
punctuation

It is on what I call Sophon ... Thailand Golf Channel. I am watching it now.

A Astro channel logo appeared briefly during preceeding adverts.

I hardly watch Sophon channels as I have True satellite subscription. Its not on Trues Golf Channel..

Im glad I sorted dual feed now ..

7 hours ago, vogie said:

Just found some info on ILIKEHD UK TV, it seems it is on Sky 4, the opening is being shown at 1500hrs this afternoon and the foursomes begin at 1830hrs tonight. The buffering on the channel is horrendous, might make it unwatchable for me. :saai:

I am watching it on iLIKEHD and mine does not buffer at all.

It is on what I call Sophon ... Thailand Golf Channel. I am watching it now.
A Astro channel logo appeared briefly during preceeding adverts.

I hardly watch Sophon channels as I have True satellite subscription. Its not on Trues Golf Channel..

Im glad I sorted dual feed now ..

Could you give more details about this Sophon golf channel? Ive never heard of it. Do you need a special satelite?

Sorry ... My condo complex subscribes to what everyone calls Sophon cable. It is in all 300 odd condos. A collective fee included in annual maintenance bill. I never bother with it as it has only about 30 English channels.  But by chance when I had True installed I got them to wire it so I could also access the existing feed.  And Bingo .. 3 years later I have found it to be a good extra 200 baht one off payent.

Sorry I cant be more helpful. 

I emailed ILIKEHD about the buffering and they replied saying they have changed my "account server" I also was watching it on my minix box, so tried it on my Samsung Tablet and miracast it to my tv, it is much better now. 

15 minutes ago, lemel said:

We have it in Pattaya, on one of the sports channels on Sophon Cable full coverage also on computer 365sport for 990bhat for the month(24 channels of sport)

250฿ for the month on ILIKEHD, which is fine now it appears to be working ok. 

Signed up to ILIKEHD last night and watched the morning gamed. A bit of buffering but not too bad and little impact on watching experience.

Decided not to stay up for the afternoon play and fully expected to wake up to a score line of 7-1 or similar. So the actual 5-3 score came as a pleasant surprise. Looking at the Sky Sports 1 programme they have a RC show starting at 9am UK time (3pm Thai) so will be watching that before the live show starts again at 6.30pm Thai time.

Great weekend of sport ahead with RC/F1/EPL. Bring it on!!  

On 01/10/2016 at 8:03 AM, vogie said:

250฿ for the month on ILIKEHD, which is fine now it appears to be working ok. 

good price, does that include on demand as well? Sometimes I can not be bothered staying up to watch something(EPL football) and watch it the next morning when I'm ready, Champions league, boxing, US masters etc 

11 minutes ago, lemel said:

good price, does that include on demand as well? Sometimes I can not be bothered staying up to watch something(EPL football) and watch it the next morning when I'm ready, Champions league, boxing, US masters etc 

No 'on demand' not available, but I believe they show it again the next day. Last night watched the first half till about midnight then had to go to bed due to fatigue. 

The Americans are playing very well especially Patrick Reed, the Europeans have a big mountain to climb today.

4 hours ago, topt said:

Seems to be a link for Apple products only unless I am mistaken?

Works fine on my desktop, no apples or oranges involved, Intel CPU, Windows XP, Firefox

10 hours ago, augustwest said:

Yanks are going to kick Brits butts this year and it's about time!

It was actually a European team...... but yes they did and unfortunately most people predicted that before they even started.