AIRLINES & VISAS

Please can I have your opinions with regards to Airline procedures when it comes to visas and flights :-)

I was wondering if an airline would allow you to board if you had just a single ticket to Thailand, with only a 60 day tourist visa?

Alternatively if you buy a return ticket, returning after 180 days, would they allow you to board just with a 60 day tourist visa?

I hope to fly from LHR London to BKK Thailand either with -  BA, Etihad, or Kuwait Airlines.

Thanks,

Mickey

If you have any form of visa in your passport you should have no issues boarding with a one-way ticket.

Any issues ask to speak to a supervisor.

If you have no visa and intend using a visa exemption entry they will likely insist on an onward ticket within 30 days (it doesn't have to be a return) as required by Thai immigration law.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, mickeymiles said:

Many thanks Crossy :-)

Crossy has covered It. Advice correct.

Note if entering without a visa and airline insists upon onward flight just book one online with your cell on the spot. You will obtain one to hcmc or vientiane etc for about 1000baht.

• Like 1

According to my Eurotrips this last twelve months without any visa and/or return ticket on the way back to Bangkok:

- Thai Airways doesn't ask for anything ;

- Emirates don't let you board without an outbound ticket (Air Asia to Vientiane is ok) ;

- Singapore Airlines makes you sign a disclaimer for repatriation costs if entry in Thailand is denied.

• Like 1