Beach Road 13/3 Destroyed by Tour Buses

webfact

Beach Road 13/3 Destroyed by Tour Buses

Report by Pattaya One News Team

pat1.jpg

PATTAYA: -- Pattaya One news reporters have been receiving reports for six-months that the road surface has been seriously degrading at Soi 13/3 Beach Road, Pattaya.

A recent inspection revealed 20cm deep potholes and some parts of the surface is unusable. A combination of regular heavy coaches using the small soi and bad drainage are contributory factors.

Local vendors say that although the soi used to be private property it was later taken over by the Pattaya City Council for public use. The problem is that since then they have spent no money in maintaining it.

Over the last six years the heavy tour coaches have been using the soi as a short cut and rendered the surface nearly unusable.

There have been many accidents to tourists who are not familiar with the surface and ride into them. Only two days ago a tourists was badly hurt when she crashed into a pothole full of water.

Local people feel that only serious injury or a fatality may prompt Pattaya City Council to repair the soi but insist they should do so before such a tragedy takes place.

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/beach-road-133-destroyed-by-tour-buses-and-rain/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-09-30

They need to shame the Pattaya City Council with a Facebook post showing some of the "ladies" from the Soi 13/3 clubs bathing in the pot holes. 

They might also want to do a bit of work on Soi Lengkee, which is more like a potholed dirt road than a city street.

Coconuts Bangkok - Thai woman takes bath in pothole to protest bad condition of her hometown’s roads (PHOTOS)

"A picture of a woman bathing in a man-sized pothole in the middle of the road in Tak province went viral this week. Apparently, her natural mud bath was for a good cause. "

bath_lady.jpg

1 hour ago, HarrySeaman said:

They need to shame the Pattaya City Council with a Facebook post showing some of the "ladies" from the Soi 13/3 clubs bathing in the pot holes. 

They might also want to do a bit of work on Soi Lengkee, which is more like a potholed dirt road than a city street.

Coconuts Bangkok - Thai woman takes bath in pothole to protest bad condition of her hometown’s roads (PHOTOS)

"A picture of a woman bathing in a man-sized pothole in the middle of the road in Tak province went viral this week. Apparently, her natural mud bath was for a good cause. "

bath_lady.jpg

i said to my girl i could not believe any woman would put her <deleted> in filthy water like that and it turned out she didnt as she is a bloke.

1 hour ago, manarak said:

For once, the tour buses are not to blame.

I always remember that soi having bad pavement and many potholes, which of course just get bigger and more numerous if left unrepaired.

Just repair the pavement properly.

yep the tour buses know that soi is too narrow with stuff parked left and right they don't use it.

i have seen with my own eyes some of the repair efforts and i could have done a better job myself.

Go there any morning watch the procession of buses bounce down that road spewing fumes into the few remaining bars that still try to serve breakfast in that soi.

I met a pal down there for breakfast recently before we headed to to the Department of Transport & I'd parked up nicely just on the left hand side of that picture above & tried my best to enjoy my breakfast at Lewinskys as tour buses paraded down the soi.

One particularly  inept driver felt that he couldn't pass my car (there was at least a 50cm gap) even though all the others had & before I could gulp down another sup of tea one of the touts that work the beach road was up shouting at me to move.

I explained that there was plenty of room & that many buses had already passed.

He then shouted for the police who arrived within seconds.

I was told in no uncertain terms that I was not allowed to park there & to move.

I left my breakfast, thanked him & said that I would report the incident to City Hall.

He did actually stop in his tracks but I knew that the best thing to do was to get going.

By the time that I'd swung up the next soi & onto 2nd rd there was already a queue of buses waiting to enter 13/3.

Again certain 'protected' business blossoming at the expense of  small businesses in the local sois.

That soi often suffers later in the evenings as well as empty baht buses who don't want to do the circle use it to short cut back to Walking St pick up point.

Gridlocked traffic on Beach Rd often means that these buses then sit there engines idling away spewing fumes into the few remaining bars left trading down there.

You would never know that those little sois around used to absolutely alive with great bars & the evenings would sing out with sound of customers ringing bells & cheers from the girls.

in koh kong cambodia where i have spent time the roads were only cart tracks.

now slowly each road is being dug down, filled with stones and then concreted over in sheets about 10 feet by 5 feet with expansion joints in between each. there is a drainage channel each side of the road, the result is good.

in pattaya the potholed roads are just filled with tar. this works well in the short term but come the rains and the heavy vehicles it soon breaks up. why cannot pattaya do the same. it must cost more to keep on refilling the potholes.

12 hours ago, colinneil said:

Yes blame the tour buses.

Just forget about the shoddy work carried out with inferior materials due to money being skimmed off to pay the bribes.

Not that there is not shoddy work but you don't build a side street to handle that type of weight unless you know it will need it.

Close it for a few day:

1. Remove all the illegal structures encroaching on the road
  2. Move all vehicles (cars, vans, bikes, etc)
  3. Move all street vendors out of the soi
  4. Remove all the illegal signs and low hanging cables that will obstruct road laying machines
  5. Close the road to all vehicles for the duration
  6. NO EXCEPTIONS

21_19_8_web.jpg

That's sure to please them... :whistling:

Edited by Basil B

On 30-9-2016 at 6:07 AM, colinneil said:

Yes blame the tour buses.

Just forget about the shoddy work carried out with inferior materials due to money being skimmed off to pay the bribes.

I live in soi 10 bongkot and there are 2 LK hotels for chinees tourist ans everyday they have 4 or 5 bussen turning on the small corner,the road is also full of potholes on the corner ,but luckely aprox every 4 month somebody fix it.

On 30.9.2016 at 0:52 PM, jacko45k said:

Soi Chaiyapoom has the same lunar surface.

The worst that I know in the area. Disgusting.

I have seen "sportive" motorbike riders doing the somersault.

Soi Lengkee: just a short stretch off from Soi Buakhao is bumpy (some 10 m or so), the rest is in OK condition.

I am there a couple of times per year and ride the motorbike.

Edited by KhunBENQ