Return on expiration date of re-entry permit in ‘under consideration’ period

I’m currently in the ‘under consideration’ period for an extension of stay based on marriage and have a re-entry permit that expires on 19/10/16 (the day I’m supposed to re-appear at Chaeng Wattana again).

I also have an overseas trip scheduled that brings me back to Thailand on 19/10/16 (Suvarnabhumi Airport), but probably too late on the day to make it to Chaeng Wattana before they close, meaning I will probably be there on the 20th.

The immigration officer who handled my extension of stay application said this should all be OK and not jeopardize my extension of stay application, just as long as I re-enter Thailand no later than the 19th.

While I trust she was knowledgeable, I'm not entirely without worries about the scenario. Does it, for instance, matter how immigration at the airport stamps me in (giving me one day on the re-entry permit or 28 on a visa-exempt)? And is it really OK to re-appear at Chaeng Wattana one day later than the stamp says?

Any experiences, thoughts?

Edited by leftorright

• Yes it does matter that the IO uses the re-entry permit so that the existing permission to stay is continued. If they were to give 30 days using visa exemption it could be reversed at CW as long as you entered before the re-entry permit expired.
  • There is no reason why they can't process you on the 20th.