Marinated Pork Ribs

tutsiwarrior

the wife just brought home a load of these tidbits...quite tasty, couldn't get enuf ob dem an' I don't like thai food...she bought them down the market, chopped up into bite sized pieces.

the marinade was gorgeous but the sesame seeds on the outside was the coup fantastique. Anyone ever had them and know about the marinade ingredients? Something that I would like to attempt on a grander scale using whole ribs and in an oven...

btw...for you falangs living in southern Suphanburi there is a FOOD FESTIVAL at the Song Phi Nong tesseban premises starting today 28 Nov. Maybe this tidbit business was a prelude. If you look closely you may find a decrepit falang surrounded by gorgeous thai females from 4 y.o. to 40 pretending that he's not interested in the food or the festivities but casting a wary eye for villains and provoceteurs...approach him at yer peril as the contingent has been trained to kill...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

well, you guys that did not attend the Songphinong food fesitval missesd out...all my favorite nieces in attendance and a family friend who is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN THAILAND who was drinking vodka with me...the food came and was presented...mostly cold salads but some chicken and a whole fish as well...

there was some dim sum as in pork dumplings as good as you could get anywhere that I skewered along with THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN THAILAND who encouraged me to eat more while imbibing from my pre-mixed vodka concoction that we took along...then my wife slid under my nose a plate of oysters (in central Thailand???) covered with thai garnish mishmash...I could see that the real goods were underneath...wonderful, briney and glorious...

finished them off in a second and said more please without the thai mishmash...later presented in a half shell, I offered them around but the folks being thai and not used to exotic cuisine declined. I wolfed them and became contentedly silent, savoring the brine taste. The wife nudged me to say 'you OK, tuts?'...I was in an oyster/vodka delirium...

somehow the wife with the assistance of some of the nieces managed to get me home and into bed...a real SE Asia culinary experience...100 baht for 3 huge fresh pacific type oysters in a small town in central Thailand...whatta monster...

for those ob you that are interested, the Songphinong tesseban food festival continues tonight...it was a great night out, big stage with LOUD MUSIC and dancing girls and plenty ob good food. I'll be back with the tutsiwarrior contingent to get some more oysters...

be there or be square...

I'll be back with the tutsiwarrior contingent to get some more oysters...

... and the most beautiful woman in Thailand?

:o

It sounds like you're having heaps of fun Tutsi.

:D

she's always up for some sanook and vodka...luckily she is a close friend of my wife and her husband is a friend of mine so if I was stupid and laid a finger on her I would be drawn and quartered from all sides...

and, yeah...haven't felt this good for ages...

the marinade was gorgeous but the sesame seeds on the outside was the coup fantastique. Anyone ever had them and know about the marinade ingredients? Something that I would like to attempt on a grander scale using whole ribs and in an oven...

- some gloves of garlic

- some coriander's root

- pepper

grinded all above then put all mixed ingredient on pork ribs

add

-fish sauce

-oyster sauce

-sugar

- some gloves of garlic

- some coriander's root

- pepper

grinded all above then put all mixed ingredient on pork ribs

add

-fish sauce

-oyster sauce

-sugar

thanks darling, we're talking about fresh coriander yeah? I got a load of whole coriander seeds that I brought from Bahrain. What about proportions of fish and oyster sauce?...or just simply to taste?

(I have not yet met BambinA...maybe I was wrong...maybe she is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN THAILAND...certainly one of the friendliest and most helpful)

Edited by tutsiwarrior

thanks darling, we're talking about fresh coriander yeah? I got a load of whole coriander seeds that I brought from Bahrain.

yes..fresh coriander roots (if you can find)

What about proportions of fish and oyster sauce?...or just simply to taste?

simply taste .. you can nuke a peice of pork rib in microwave owen to taste it before adding more flavour

(I have not yet met BambinA...maybe I was wrong...maybe she is THE MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN IN THAILAND...certainly one of the friendliest and most helpful)

thank you for the compliment :o

anyway some people add 1-3 table spoon of corn flour when marinate aswell

180px-Coriander_roots.JPG