Corruption continues at Koh Samui

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 60 day extension is based upon marriage or being the parent of a Thai. It is not the same as the 30 day extension.

The 60 day extension can be applied for any type of new entry one time.

I presume that a new entry does not include "new" entries made with a re-entry permit which seems to be the source of the OPs ire.

20 minutes ago, Fithman said:

I presume that a new entry does not include "new" entries made with a re-entry permit which seems to be the source of the OPs ire.

An entry from a re-entry permit is not really a new entry since it does not give a new permit to stay. The permit to stay you get is the same one that the permit was issued for.

On 10/1/2016 at 3:11 AM, Maestro said:

The Prime Minister or any or any other government official or agency cannot "crack down" on an office or an individual official or initiate an investigation unless an alleged incident of corruption is brought to their attention. To whom in the higher echelons of government have you reported your case?

A letter explaining how to go about this circulated some months ago; including in the OP's local online newspaper...

In closure; I am now back from Penang on a shiny new Non-o multi, so for 15 months I don't have to deal with this office and they will earn nothing from me. No 90 day reports, and it forces me to plan some trips to neighboring countries, which are amazingly dirt cheap with AirAsia these days when booking three months ahead!

The wife and I had not been away for 4 years, this trip also rejuvenated our relationship. I see no benefit extending anymore as I accept 100% this will never be my 'home' - but I will stay as long as I like without giving in to corruption.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, ParadiseLost said:

In closure; I am now back from Penang on a shiny new Non-o multi, so for 15 months I don't have to deal with this office and they will earn nothing from me. No 90 day reports, and it forces me to plan some trips to neighboring countries, which are amazingly dirt cheap with AirAsia these days when booking three months ahead!

The wife and I had not been away for 4 years, this trip also rejuvenated our relationship. I see no benefit extending anymore as I accept 100% this will never be my 'home' - but I will stay as long as I like without giving in to corruption.

Are they still asking for financial docs in Penang for a Multi Non O ?

30 minutes ago, cornishcarlos said:

Are they still asking for financial docs in Penang for a Multi Non O ?

Bank book with balance of 400k is what I showed, no seeding required. Money in foreign bank for the equivalent can also be used (I was told by agent).

I had original everything (Wife ID, Tabian Baan, Bank book) two photos and the form. I have been to the consulate myself a few times but this time I wanted to relax and was happy to pay 100 Ringit (750 Baht) to an agent (NJ Book Ctr, Chulia)

Plus marriage cert of course - must have original.

Edited by ParadiseLost

What choice do you have. Some immigration officer demanding 5k baht to give your extension or leaving the country? Not everyone has the ability to fight with an immigration officer. Ever seen latest news about defamation laws? If you piss of the wrong official then you can even end up in jail or blacklisted.

If you want a good example what could happen if you fight against the wrong officials read this here: https://www.change.org/p/thai-minister-of-justice-please-give-jessie-daire-back-their-home