A question for Bangkok Bank customers about adding international accounts to the online banking service

This may sound a silly question but I wanted to know if Bangkok Bank allows you to add any international account to their online banking service to send wire transfers too.

I am currently with Kasikorn bank and they only allow you to add international accounts that are in your name. So, for example, I can't add the bank account to pay off my UK student loan every month because it isn't mine and belongs to a business.

Is Bangkok Bank the same? Does anyone know?

Thanks.

I added an offshore account literally this week.

You can do it all online.

The destination is in my name, but I didn't see any restriction whilst setting it up.

The only option available for reason for transfer is "repatriation of salary" and you must be employed, they want a scan of your work permit OR employee card OR certificate of income issued by your employer.

Only took 2 days to get authorised.

Yes I too have the ability to transfer funds back to the the UK. Interesting when you apply they ask for a work permit - however I am actually on a UK visa on arrival (tourist type visa) and have what is called a shielded account (type 42) with Bangkok Bank Head Office. This means that although I can get a new passbook from any branch if the passport changes its back to Head Office to get a new one - full stop! On the surface it is a standard passbook account with the usual international cards. 

I have a condo here and no work permit. What I submitted as supporting documentation was my Thai Tax id, accountants name and proof of rental income. This was sufficient to allow me to set up the transfer back to my UK account.

Crucial - I believe - is that you must show some type of monthly income in your account to do this - Hope this helps.  

16 hours ago, ianwuk said:

Is Bangkok Bank the same? Does anyone know?

Bangkok Bank does indeed allow adding 3rd party international accounts.

First time this is done requires some paperwork, but not really that much. After that you can set up the following ones, directly online and it usually takes 1-2 days before they become operational.

I don't think it's possible because you have to show that you brought  money into the country before you can send it out . If you are earning money in Thailand I think it's possible. You normally have to give a reason why you need to send money abroad. On the other hand if you want to have an account send money to your online account Thailand you simply open Internet banking in your foreign account abroad

On 30 September 2016 at 8:38 PM, LannaGuy said:

wow no idea this could be done... pensions?  possible??  I have a FX account at BB and would love to transfer into it in some way

You want inbound international transfers. For that you setup the transfer in the bank you are sending  the money from, not at BB.