Which Is Best, Single Entry Or Multi Entry

I am in the process of getting a Non-O Immigration visa here in the USA. My wife and I are moving to Thailand mid Jan. I spoke with the Thai consolute today (Denver office) and she asked my which visa did I want. Single entry or multi entry. I could get either one very easily according to her. I am going to apply for a visa once i get to thailand based on marriage to a thai. There is a waiting period once I apply in thailand but I am concerned that if I pay the 125.00 fee for multi entry and then when I get to thailand and apply for my visa based on marriage to a thai that my multi will no longer be valid. I would like to have the opportunity to travel outside of thailand if I desire but I am afraid that if I do so, my visa will no longer be valid. Does anyone have the answer to my question?

I also need to get my retirement pension certified, how do I do that? Do I do that here in the USA or do I wait untli I get to thailand?

Is it still 40,000 baht a month income and NO deposit of 400K? I am 44 so I do not qualify for retirement yet? Your help is greatly appreciated!

Require for extension of stay for marriage is 40k family income.

If you are planning travel I would get the multi entry visa and after a year do your extension of stay process (start just before the visa expires). This visa provides full entry/exit permissions for however many trips you want to take and the only requirement is that you not stay more than 90 days on any entry. Which is easy to meet if you plan travel anyhow. You also are not required to make 90 day address reports or obtain re entry permits.

For extension of stay you go to the US Embassy and sign a letter there of your retirement income and you should also have a copy of payslip or other proof to present to immigration if they ask for it. But that is in the future if you use the multi entry non immigrant O visa route.