Gas BBQ in condo

Johnice

I am contemplating giving up renting a house in CM and purchasing a 2 bed roomed condo. Being a SA'can I am crazy about BBQ. My question is:

Are gas fired BBQ's allowed in high rise condos? The purpose built BBQ will be used only on the balcony. When I rented a condo in Pattaya years ago they weren't allowed. Is this also the case here?

Thanks for any feedback in advance:coffee1:

Most don't allow them. At least that's been my experience.  I have a condo I rent out and they don't allow it. I break the rules often when I stay there. But I just use a small grill. I light the lump charcoal on my kitchen stove in about two minutes with a burner. Nobody's ever noticed or complained.

I think you would find not allowed in most Condos. You would probably get away with it but where does it stop, next thing people put the whole Thai outdoor kitchen on the balcony etc, there goes the condo block. If you find a place where its allowed, it probably means the management doesn't enforce any condo laws.

1 hour ago, NickJ said:

Most don't allow them. At least that's been my experience.  I have a condo I rent out and they don't allow it. I break the rules often when I stay there. But I just use a small grill. I light the lump charcoal on my kitchen stove in about two minutes with a burner. Nobody's ever noticed or complained.

As far as I know charcoal is allowed as it dont get all destructive explody like a gas cylinder.

I imagine part of the problem is that if there is a leak the gas goes down & pools - not up & away.....That's what happens on those horrific 11 passenger vans crashes on impacts.....

Should that happen on an upper floor one spark/cigarette glow/ignition crank at an inconvenient time & place could make it a very bad day......

When I lived in the Sierras one winter a whole apartment house went boom - 20 units.....Propane had leaked & the gas pooled under the raised foundation & just sat there until a spark found it.....

Edited by pgrahmm