Investor visa what requirement for a family?

Hello,

I am aware the minimum investment to qualify for an investor visa is 10 million baht. What if I am married, will my spouse be granted if I apply for this type of visa?

Another question I have is can I apply for residency under this visa? Is it 3 or 4 yrs later?

Thank you !!

Once you have obtained a one year extension of stay (not a visa) based upon on investment at immigration your spouse can get an extension as your dependent.

You spouse would need a non-o visa to apply for the extension.

In order to qualify for permanent residency you would need a work permit and paying taxes for 3 years to apply for it.

I was talking to a Frenchman not so long ago about the "Investor Visa" (Yes I know it's not technically called that)  he bought a 15 Million Baht Condo in BKK, got all the paperwork and went to CW (I'm sure he said there) to apply for a extension of stay based on Investment, the I/O told him they no longer do them

He was a big bald heavily tattooed guy so maybe they just didn't like the look of him

3 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

I was talking to a Frenchman not so long ago about the "Investor Visa" (Yes I know it's not technically called that)  he bought a 15 Million Baht Condo in BKK, got all the paperwork and went to CW (I'm sure he said there) to apply for a extension of stay based on Investment, the I/O told him they no longer do them

He was a big bald heavily tattooed guy so maybe they just didn't like the look of him

The extension based upon investment still exists. Perhaps he was asking for the wrong thing.

28 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The extension based upon investment still exists. Perhaps he was asking for the wrong thing.

He said that that's what he asked for and said he had bought the Condo specifically in order to apply for the "investment visa" but they said it is no longer available, he pointed out that it says available on the Immigration website but still they said the same

12 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

He said that that's what he asked for and said he had bought the Condo specifically in order to apply for the "investment visa" but they said it is no longer available, he pointed out that it says available on the Immigration website but still they said the same

If he was asking for a visa I can understand why they said no.

You can look at clause 2.5 of  Police Order 327/2557  basis for extension of stay and see that it is for investment.

Since everyone is dancing around this way of staying in Thailand - here are some old posts laying it out:

It is not a visa but a one year extension of stay under provision 2.5(B of police order 777/2551 and visa entry requirement is only non immigrant.

Consulates can issue visas for investment under:

- to invest with the concurrence of the Thai Ministries and Government Departments concerned (Category "IM")

- to invest or perform other activities relating to investment, subject to the provision of the established laws on investment promotion (Category "IB")

Also see, earlier in the thread, the qualifying investments:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/575935-investing-10-million-baht-in-a-condominium/#comment-5556157