One Arrested After Necklace Snatch Involving English Couple.

britmaveric

One arrested after Necklace snatch involving English Couple.

28_11_2_4.jpg

On Tuesday morning Police were called to the Sukumvit Road in South Pattaya to deal with a necklace snatch involving a couple from England. The priority was to deal with the suspected thief, Khun Gitishai aged 23 who was arrested at the scene after the motorbike he was using, crashed moments after the necklace snatch took place when he dropped the necklace on the road and attempted to stop sharply to retrieve it.

The victim of the snatch, Mrs. Hingin told Police that she was traveling along the road on her motorbike with her husband and friend when the suspect approached from behind and grabbed her gold necklace from around her neck. As previously mentioned the suspect then crashed and was detained by passers-by until Police arrived.

The gold necklace has been returned and the suspect has been placed behind bars on a charge of aggravated theft.

-Pattaya City News

Tuesday 28th November 2006

:D Why on earth are people wearing a Golden Necklace on a holiday....? :D

To show to others they have money, are rich, are better off....?

I honestly don't understand..... :o

Maybe it's me since I can't afford one (for my wife) :D

LaoPo

Give it a few more days and the story on the street will be

“English Couple from the UK charged with criminal damage.

On Tuesday morning Police were called to the Sukumvit Road in South Pattaya to deal with a damaged motor bike and injurged Thai man involving a couple from England.

The priority was to deal with the suspected British couple. The british couple Mr and Mrs Hingin were arrested at the scene. It is alleged moments before the crash Mrs Hingin violently threw a gold chain at Khun Gitishai aged 23 who was riding a motor bike, crashed and was injurged. Khun Gitshai reported moments before being rushed by air ambulance to Bkk Medical center; he had attempted to stop sharply to avoid the projectile but swerved and crashed causing an estimated 300,000bht damage to his 10 year old motor bike.

The suspects have been placed behind bars on a charge of aggravated assault, criminal damage, entering Thailand on a VOA and riding a motor bike with three passengers of which non was a small child.

This is a very old type of crime and actually used to be much more prevalent. You don't see as many people wearing gold necklaces as in years past.

Some 20 years ago, I was advised that if I wore a gold necklace to put it in my shirt while on a motorbike. Very, very common.

Mrs. Hingin told Police that she was traveling along the road on her motorbike with her husband and friend...

How many people were on her bike? Three? Or, do they mean her husband was her friend? :o

For Thais, it's not uncommon to see a family of four on a motorbike, but for farang it's unusual to see more than two.

Been on a bike with 2 other Thai(s), granted I was legless, prob wouldnt done it if I had been sober.

"britmaveric" and "sober" in the same sentence ? :D

Who said the laws of physics can't be broken !! :o

It would appear that Pattaya is the hub of necklace snatching. Maybe an advisory notice should be put up in hotel rooms advising guests NOT to wear necklaces or carry bags :o

Yet another thing to scare away tourists.

Office staff in Bangkok have known for umpteen years to remove their jewelry before going out, to walk as far as possible from the kerb, and to keep handbag away from kerbside.