Retirement extension 45 days before expiry

patongphil

1 hour ago, KarenBravo said:

I have also been told by immigration  that 45 days is the maximum.

I'll give it a try next month and report back.  I always apply 30 days before and even then I get sour looks and asked why I apply 'too' early. Reason - it takes more than 30 days to get approval from BKK for my marriage extension and these past 2 years Immigration refused to give the usual 30 days extension = I am illegal in Thailand for the week or 2 or 3 before approval comes from BKK.. Immigation says ... mai pen rai ... no worry.

Last year it was 2 weeks (that I was told, no doubt others will differ), this year it was back to 6 weeks. My advice always go in early and make enquiries to find out the current state of affairs as you never know what spanner may be thrown in the works. better to ask the horse's mouth as opposed to the..............:passifier:

5 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Last year it was 2 weeks (that I was told, no doubt others will differ), this year it was back to 6 weeks. My advice always go in early and make enquiries to find out the current state of affairs as you never know what spanner may be thrown in the works. better to ask the horse's mouth as opposed to the..............:passifier:

Before it was 30 days but it's changed to 45 days a while ago.

but your right that people should go as early as possible so they have enough time fix any problems which may happen.

5 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Merijn is the horse's mouth in case you were unaware.??