UKIP leader Diane James standing down after 18 days

webfact

UKIP leader Diane James standing down after 18 days

LONDON: -- UKIP leader Diane James is standing down from her role 18 days after she was elected.

In a statement to the Times newspaper, she said she would not be "formalising my recent nomination".

The 56-year-old MEP for South East England said she did not have "sufficient authority" to see through changes she had planned. Ms James succeeded Nigel Farage on 16 September after he quit in the wake of the UK's vote to leave the EU.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-37558485

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2016-10-05

Farage is back

You couldn't make it up!

These fools conned the poorly educated into voting to leave the EU

They have also handed hegemony on a plate to the Tories.

As a result, C2, D will get hammered. I predict that May will be more extreme than Thatcher.

Good luck ?

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

Farage is back

You couldn't make it up!

These fools conned the poorly educated into voting to leave the EU

They have also handed hegemony on a plate to the Tories.

As a result, C2, D will get hammered. I predict that May will be more extreme than Thatcher.

Good luck ?

So you mean that the millions who voted for brexit are all poorly educated. 

43 minutes ago, keskeseksa said:

So you mean that the millions who voted for brexit are all poorly educated. 

No, not at all.

Most

Before I get suspended, I should clarify that I am referring to European History, economics, politics, philosophy, ethics, 

I am not referring to differential calculus, art or dressmaking.

Statistically, leavers tended to be less well educated, in demographic groups C2 and D, older and not Scottish. I am sure you can point to outliers.

Sorry if that hurts.

Brexit will not help anyone get a job or a house

It will not reduce the number of Muslim migrants

It will not get rid of zero hours contracts

Want me to tell you who's going to benefit?

Edited by Grouse
Clarification

Just on the news now that Steven Woolfe (the favourite to be the next leader of UKIP) is in hospital after an altercation at a party meeting in Strasbourg.  Apparently someone punched him and his condition is described as serious.

I am not joking, I hope he is going to be OK!

37 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

Just on the news now that Steven Woolfe (the favourite to be the next leader of UKIP) is in hospital after an altercation at a party meeting in Strasbourg.  Apparently someone punched him and his condition is described as serious.

It was another mep that hit him, apparently they had an argument, so they took their coats off and went outside. It was said that one punch was thrown by the other mep (name being witheld) he hit is head on a steel support, they went back inside where he voted for something then collapsed. He is in hospital with bleeding on the brain. Hope he will be ok, but not looking good.

29 minutes ago, vogie said:

It was another mep that hit him, apparently they had an argument, so they took their coats off and went outside. It was said that one punch was thrown by the other mep (name being witheld) he hit is head on a steel support, they went back inside where he voted for something then collapsed. He is in hospital with bleeding on the brain. Hope he will be ok, but not looking good.

Mike Hookem was the other guy.

Now that UKIP have achieved their aim, it is difficult to see why the party isn't disbanded.

Except that Farage and the other 21 UKIP MEPs will want to keep their snouts in the European Parliament trough for as long as they can, of course.

20 minutes ago, 7by7 said:

Now that UKIP have achieved their aim, it is difficult to see why the party isn't disbanded.

Except that Farage and the other 21 UKIP MEPs will want to keep their snouts in the European Parliament trough for as long as they can, of course.

I think its called democrasy, afterall they accrued 3 times more votes than the SNP, should they disband too, no wait I'll answer that, YES!

6 hours ago, dunroaming said:

So he got a good u-kippering...

Seems he told the BBC he was thinking of jumping ship.