NACC denies claims of bias against Pheu Thai

webfact

THE NATION 

30296984-01_big.jpg

Sansern

BANGKOK: -- THE National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) yesterday set out to clarify public criticism it had focused its energies on chasing only corruption cases involving Pheu Thai figures, while ignoring the Democrats.

NACC secretary-general Sansern Poljiak tried to defend the issue, saying the commission relied on evidence to substantiate allegations and never took sides to help anyone.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/NACC-denies-claims-of-bias-against-Pheu-Thai-30296984.html

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-10-06

55 minutes ago, webfact said:

Once again, officials denying the glaringly obvious...

Among cases still pending against [Yingluck] are those of alleged mismanagement during the massive 2011 floods...

So is the current PM going to be held accountable for the mismanagement of this year's floods?

1 hour ago, trogers said:

Just too much dirt on some to ignore...

In 2011 the NACC claimed that all the documents relating to corruption in the Democratic party's rice buying scheme was flooded as it was stored in the basement of their offices. The only problem is that the building is higher than the 2011 flood level and that no other documents related to other cases was lost. No bias here move on.

16 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

In 2011 the NACC claimed that all the documents relating to corruption in the Democratic party's rice buying scheme was flooded as it was stored in the basement of their offices. The only problem is that the building is higher than the 2011 flood level and that no other documents related to other cases was lost. No bias here move on.

In their offices?

The Revenue dept is storing documents in the shops fronting my moo baan...

This regime is not accountable for any wrong doing. They wrote it into the constitution. Plus people have got to stop saying nasty things as the nasty people will sue u for defaming their really good character. What about the pineapple king. I bet he would have to take some of that crystal stuff just to feel a little bit better caused by that barbarous pom' comments.

Reading the full content of the attachment was interesting. Veera Somkwamkid former PAD, fervent yellow shirt, ultra nationalist, affection for totalitarianism and supporter of Prayut after the coup is now taking the fight against the junta. What a change. He is now pushing the NACC to release its fact finding report evidence concerning the controversial Rajabhakti Park graft allegation and also the rejection for investigation of claims for investigation against Preecha. The ugliness of this regime have their supporters turning their backs and disgusted with their blatant disregards to their own corruptions. 

Interesting that the NACC doesn't defend itself as being an Independent (or under the new Charter a Constitutional) Organization. It is the NCPO-appointed NLA that funds the NACC and Prayut under Article 44 can remove anyone arbitrarily from government.

7 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

I believe this, the NACC are not biased against the PTP they're simply biased in favour of what the junta wants.

Different approach. PTP cut the NACC budget and threaten members with Tharit's DSI and good old Mr. Subtle Chalerm. Basically under the Shins the NACC are told what not to do.

Under the Junta NACC get their budget and are told what to do. DSI and Chalerm's cronies neutered.

Easy to see which approach they prefer.

As for whining PTP and YL - they only ever complain "it's not fair it's all too fast" rather than actually defend any of the charges. Although the reality is and will be that no one will get really punished because no individual or committee wants to take the responsibility to actually take and implement a decision. So it will all drag on and on. Same same.

5 hours ago, trogers said:

In their offices?

5 hours ago, trogers said:

In their offices?

Yes their HQ in Bangkok.

6 minutes ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

Yes their HQ in Bangkok.

I see. The money trail of government funds starts in their HQ.

Wonder why the rice scam did not start nor involved searching documents in PTP HQ? All that are needed are all stored in government departments...

Like I have said, investigation on missing govt revenue must include those shops fronting my moo baan...the documents are stored there...

16 minutes ago, trogers said:

I see. The money trail of government funds starts in their HQ.

Wonder why the rice scam did not start nor involved searching documents in PTP HQ? All that are needed are all stored in government departments...

Like I have said, investigation on missing govt revenue must include those shops fronting my moo baan...the documents are stored there...

I think you are missing what I said these documents related to the Democrats rice buying scheme corruption not the PTP one. The documents that was flooded was according to reports the original ones that was confiscated as proof. There was no paper trail left after the originals was flooded.  

1 hour ago, SOUTHERNSTAR said:

I think you are missing what I said these documents related to the Democrats rice buying scheme corruption not the PTP one. The documents that was flooded was according to reports the original ones that was confiscated as proof. There was no paper trail left after the originals was flooded.  

Strange that government documents that are to be kept by Commerce, Revenue and related depts and banks are all stored in the HQ of a political party...

And the scam must have been handled by only a handful of people which would include nationwide logistics, but that no firm and extensive number of witnesses are available...

1 hour ago, trogers said:

Strange that government documents that are to be kept by Commerce, Revenue and related depts and banks are all stored in the HQ of a political party...

And the scam must have been handled by only a handful of people which would include nationwide logistics, but that no firm and extensive number of witnesses are available...

I don't understand. You mean that the documents on dems' rice schemethat have been alledgely flooded have been stored by the NACC in the PTP's HQ? 

Edited by candide

3 hours ago, candide said:

I don't understand. You mean that the documents on dems' rice schemethat have been alledgely flooded have been stored by the NACC in the PTP's HQ? 

I meant the allegation that government documents being stored in non-governmental locations...