International Departures From Phuket

dubstar

Hi All,

For the first time I have booked a flight to Phuket rather than Bangkok. I travel with Emirates to BKK, then Thai to Phuket never leaving airside. Great.

But can anybody tell me what happens on the way back. Obviously not all passengers on the flight from Phuket will be in transit so do I check in as an international passenger at Phuket or do I have to check in again at BKK. Also what happens regarding departure taxes ?

Any information would be very helpful, many thanks.

Dubstar

Well i normally regularly travel out to Phuket either on Emirates or Qatar Airlines.

Getting an return e ticket on Thai from Bangkok to Phuket.

Going out I normally go through customs immigration at Bangkok.

Going home as I did a couple of weeks ago :D

I checked in at Phuket they booked me/cases all the way to my destination.(Manchester) At least that save lugging cases around. Even though the different legs were booked totally independent of each other. I asked at the Thai check is this definately OK ? Answer yes no problem. Was given a sticker to wear for transit in Bangkok.Which I lost

Yes you get pointed to the international section even though many passengers on the same plane go through domestic.Went through immigration at Phuket! And paid departure tax there.

Then I got totally lost in Suvanaphum Ended up going through immigration again in Bangkok.Probably went down the wrong corridor I dont know ! Aufull airport. :o

Any way they just checked the passport and saw the exit stamp from Phuket. My Pen Lai !!! Waved me on. Stupid Farang!

I always find it cheaper to book UK to Bangkok and get an e-ticket.Than book in the UK direct to Phuket.Can save a lot of money sometimes. Well most times :D

Edited by niagarekoja

Thanks for the info Niagarekoja. Sounds easy!! :o Manchester is my neck of the woods too.

Can't say I'm looking forward to meeting the new airport though.

Cheers,

Dubstar

Well I found the new airport totally confusing.. The distance you had to walk especially arriving on Qatar Airlines was for me, too great. But thats my opinion

Best advice pick up a map of the airport as soon as possible they are available.

On the way back to the UK I was following the transit signs at Bangkok till they ran out. :D Thats how I got lost. Hope they now have put some better signs up.

Just as well I gave myself plenty of time.