Biggest let down movie ever

upside

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

EVERY SINGLE MINUTE OF EVERY "TRANSFORMERS"_ MOVIE!

And I have -for some perverted reason- seen them all!

Jeeeeezus, what a bunch of useless, noisy, sexist BS!

Also "Avatar"- completely overhyped.

Nice effects, but what a crap story!

Socket (2007)
This low-powered sci-fi exercise is actually a soft-core gay skin flick masquerading as some kind of "thriller" with a heavy message. About what? Dunno.

A while back, I watched this ridiculous, but quite amusing, little movie called The Gay Bed and Breakfast of Terror. While I was looking for another movie, I happened upon Socket.

It has plenty of panache, sex and nudity, this fiery hot erotic thriller tells the story of two men who get off on electric current and each other. An exceptionally bad sci-fi movie fantasy, a pair of gay lovers literally gets a jolt as they plug in for pleasure.

• 3 months later...

After growing up loving 2000AD https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2000_AD_(comics) it has to be Judge Dredd... 

Quite like the last Bond Movie (a lot darker than the others) but if Clive Owen is the next Bond, it will be the 1st one that I don't watch (can't stand the chomp)...People are suggesting Tom Hiddleston, great in The Night Manager, terrible in High Rise & can't really see a return to the "Upper Class" Bond OR Tom Hardy, fabulous in more or less anything he does but I think would overshadow the part.

I think somebody completely out of left field will get it, a bit like Daniel Craig was (Shock Horror, James Bond is Blonde!!!)... Time for the 1st Black (Idris Elba would make an awesome Bond) or Female Bond maybe?  

On 10/11/2016 at 6:53 AM, Dmaxdan said:

I actually really liked the Lord of the Rings movies. I was however desperately disappointed in the more recent Hobbit trilogy.

I much preferred the Lord of the Rings films to the books. However, I really liked the Hobbit in book form, but not the movie.

La La Land. Heard and read so much about this musical.  I wasn't expecting 'Singing in the Rain' or similar when I entered the theatre either. It was however: Simply boring.  Zombie like acting, songs not remotely memorable, and average or below average singing.  Choreography OK at best. All this SAG awards etc. and Oscar nominations prove just how much Hollywood is in love with itself. A total waste of two hours of anyone's time.

On 10/10/2016 at 8:41 PM, anotheruser said:

It started off in the gay section so I made that remark sarcastically as it had nothing to do with gay issues. It was moved after my comment. 

I think you need to work on your sarcasm, unless of course you are referring to your torch song trilogy comment, which was rather amusing.

4 hours ago, HooHaa said:

Both attempts by a bloated, aging, and miniscule tom cruise to be jack reacher, lee childs nearly 7 foot ex military policeman and weapon extrodinaire. 

Painful. 

I've only seen the first Jack Reacher movie - but enjoyed it.  But then I've never read the books, and reading the book before seeing the movie is always a 'let down'.

Why is Tom Cruise detested so much by a few?  He's a v good actor, very fit (in both senses) and apparently, a very nice guy.

Back on topic - I rarely remember the bad movies' titles regardless of how disappointed/annoyed I was at the time - whereas I remember the movies I LOVED.

Generally (not always), movies with ambiguous endings leave me feeling bad-tempered.

34 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

I've only seen the first Jack Reacher movie - but enjoyed it.  But then I've never read the books, and reading the book before seeing the movie is always a 'let down'.

Why is Tom Cruise detested so much by a few?  He's a v good actor, very fit (in both senses) and apparently, a very nice guy.

Back on topic - I rarely remember the bad movies' titles regardless of how disappointed/annoyed I was at the time - whereas I remember the movies I LOVED.

Generally (not always), movies with ambiguous endings leave me feeling bad-tempered.

Tom Cruise is a Scientology certified nut case.

5 hours ago, HooHaa said:

Both attempts by a bloated, aging, and miniscule tom cruise to be jack reacher, lee childs nearly 7 foot ex military policeman and weapon extrodinaire. 

Painful. 

55 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

19 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Tom Cruise is a Scientology certified nut case.

Agree entirely that Tom Cruise's Scientology beliefs are more than odd, but is this why some dislike him so much that they describe him as "bloated, aging, and miniscule"?

1 minute ago, dick dasterdly said:

Agree entirely that Tom Cruise's Scientology beliefs are more than odd, but is this why some dislike him so much that they describe him as "bloated, aging, and miniscule"?

I suppose if you'd read the Reacher books TC would seem totally miscast, but I wouldn't agree with the bloated, aging and miniscule comment.

3 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

Jack reacher is a wall of meat in the books. he is like 6'9' 240 pounds of solid well trained muscle he is also blonde and tanned. Nor is he the misreable git he is portrayed as by cruise.

Cruise is detesed in this instance by the fact it is a vanity production and he falls far short of the mark.  

2 hours ago, giddyup said:

I suppose if you'd read the Reacher books TC would seem totally miscast, but I wouldn't agree with the bloated, aging and miniscule comment.

have you seen the recent reacher movie?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8ATF21ze8EPav1bK1xhW  

jack reacher did not have man boobs

tom-cruise-jack-reacher-22oct15-06.jpg

Waterworld and The Postman.

Lord of the Rings was a masterpiece and if you had read it (believe it or not) as I did 40 years ago you would really appreciate it and yes I read it with the accompanying compendium, so I had a good idea who the names were 

1 minute ago, Ulysses G. said:

I liked the first Jack Reacher movie and thought Tom Cruise did a good job. I have read a few of the books, but never paid much attention to the character's size.

I agree, he was really good in the first Jack Reacher. In the second he sort of looked like he  hadn't been paid enough and acted accordingly

29 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

I liked the first Jack Reacher movie and thought Tom Cruise did a good job. I have read a few of the books, but never paid much attention to the character's size.

Don't know how you could miss it, there's usually some reference to his size in every Reacher book I've read.

Archived