Biggest let down movie ever

upside

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is this gay or Thailand related? I know posts in this section can be gay but not related to Thailand. However movie reviews that aren't gay or Thai related must not meet the criteria to be in this section. Maybe move this to the pub? 

Yes, unless Lord of the ring is a gay movie? I thought it was called Lord of the rings

This one seems like a natural for a let down movie.....

The last Star Trek was horrible....The same guy that did the Fast & Furious franchise did it and it was the same shtick....Terrible installment for an ongoing series. ...

On 10/8/2016 at 3:02 PM, rak sa_ngop said:

Eraserhead 

A 1977 film directed by David Lynch.

Surely the most miserable and depressing film ever.

I even tried re-watching it on an Emirates flight but gave up!

get outta here...Lynch's intention was to disturb the audience, something that he achieved quite well IMO...

I always hate it when an artist delivers a a fantastic performance and then is mediocre or a total failure on the next effort...a mesmerizing Carey Mulligan in An Education comes to mind, followed by a disappointing Great Gatsby and Far from the Madding Crowd...

but, it's fair to say that Nick Hornsby's screen play did a lot to facilitate the former...that dude is really talented

and I havta admit that I can't keep my eyes off her whatever she does...jeezuz, when she exposes that beautiful neck and shoulders...and she looks up with that marvelous crooked smile and sez: 'd'yew like what yew see, tuts?'

arrgghhh

On 08/10/2016 at 5:59 PM, Dexlowe said:

The last Bond movie - Spectre. 

Is it just me, or are script writers losing the plot?

AGREED the last bond movie was an abomination. Belucci involvement completely unwarranted. Opening scene very tacky but above all. Bond just looked too old. Clive Owen for next bond but I actually think the next bond maybe the superman actor Henry cavil. He played a decent spy in the man from U.N.CL.E and bond needs a major face lift hence HC is the next bond me thinks.

11 hours ago, tutsiwarrior said:

and I havta admit that I can't keep my eyes off her whatever she does...jeezuz, when she exposes that beautiful neck and shoulders...and she looks up with that marvelous crooked smile and sez: 'd'yew like what yew see, tuts?'

arrgghhh

What movie is that line from?

On Saturday, October 08, 2016 at 9:23 PM, anotheruser said:

Is this gay or Thailand related? I know posts in this section can be gay but not related to Thailand. However movie reviews that aren't gay or Thai related must not meet the criteria to be in this section. Maybe move this to the pub? 

So this is a gay question. Then Bruno was the worst gay movie ever.

1 minute ago, anotheruser said:

It started off in the gay section so I made that remark sarcastically as it had nothing to do with gay issues. It was moved after my comment. 

Well nevermind, but obviously it was a question for gay's to answer. I still think Brokeback Mountain is krap. If I could choose any gay movie to take with me to a desert island then 'Pricilla, Queen of the Desert' would win hands down every time. I just love that movie, to bits.

did anyone notice that the polish film maker Andrzej Wajda died recently? he made some great films my favorite of which is The Promised Land (1975)...

then he came out with the Man of (etc) series which was vastly inferior to his previous work and that was grasped by western cold warriors as a sign that Poland 'wanted to be free'...

ludicrous...and then another polish film maker Roman Polanski burst thru and gave us Chinatown and The Pianist...both unequalled in their contribution to major cinema...

there is a heritge to polish cinema that cannot be denied...

Worst gay movie is by far Longhorns. The immense appeal of the lead actor in David Lewis’ comic Texas coming-out movie, Longhorns, is the main reason to see this too-oft-told tale.

Jacob Newton is quite a find. He’s sexy, adorable and an exceptional actor to boot.

He plays Kevin, a seemingly straight, college boy from the Lone Star state who finds himself attracted to openly gay Cesar (Derek Villanueva). Sparks fly and the boys romp their buns off. Unable to deal with his feelings, Kevin runs away for a weekend with his butch buddies, including the uber-hetero Steve (hilarious Dylan Vox) who Kevin occasionally blows. Kevin returns to school and must deal with his feelings for Cesar.

Lewis sets his film in the early 80s and nicely uses that era’s music. He also has a way with showing off his actors (pun, intended) in the sexiest manner—which is always welcome in gay-themed films. The key issue I had with the film is that the scenes are sometimes amateurishly shot.

I was disappointed with Free fall the German movie that came out in 2013.

The film tells the story of a Policeman, Marc, who is forced to come to terms with his own sexuality. He’s got a loving wife who is pregnant with their first child, and parents who dote on him, as well as a promising career as a police officer.

Then one day, while training at the academy, he meets Kay, another male police officer. The two have a volatile chemistry, beginning with a fight that sends them both to their superior’s office for a dressing down.

But they start to bond, and Kay offers to help Marc run better – his one big issue in training.

In the pivotal scene, Kay finds Marc on a quiet wooded trail, and proceeds to show him, in a profoundly public manner, where his true desires lie.

It’s then that you can see for the first time the deep anguish Marc is in – the sudden, unexpected release of all the demons he’s been holding inside – and his crushing shame immediately after.

Maybe because I watched it in German, I must find the soundtrack in English.

Archived