Farang/thai Partnerships

macb

I want you to post how you and your wife work together, do you help each other or do you let your wife do all the work or vis versa

I dont want the Topic to be an excuse for slagging off your partner, and be honest about things.

If I think partners are being degraded I will have the topic closed.

in all honesty i do next to f-all, take my daughter to and from school and pay all the bills, wife does all the cooking, cleaning, washing and ironing etc. and i wouldn't dream of helping. But this fair (lmao) split of chores seems to work well as still happily married after 4 years.

BB

We live in Chiang Mai, and we're both gay men. He was a hotel housekeeping manager, and now he does all the cleaning. All the cooking, with some help from his sisters. I have Thai car license, so I drive the truck. Some very minor chores related directly to my own needs, such as making ice cubes, are done by me. I bring in all the money because I worked all my life to earn the pensions. He translates, runs errands like paying bills (which I could learn to do).

It works fine, because we agree on the division of labor. He doesn't think he could write a long double novel in English, but I can. :o And he lets me be on ThaiVisa.

I want you to post how you and your wife work together, do you help each other or do you let your wife do all the work or vis versa

I dont want the Topic to be an excuse for slagging off your partner, and be honest about things.

If I think partners are being degraded I will have the topic closed.

A man once said to his wife, with a glint in his eye, "Darling, why don't we try swapping positions tonight?"

She replied "What a good idea! You stand next to the ironing board, whilst I sit on the sofa and fart".

:o

Seriously though, we share a bit. I cook if its farang food, sometimes do a bit of washing up.

]

A man once said to his wife, with a glint in his eye, "Darling, why don't we try swapping positions tonight?"

She replied "What a good idea! You stand next to the ironing board, whilst I sit on the sofa and fart".

:D

I guess me and the missus must have swapped already then. :o

My Thai fiance and I kind of share. Whoever has the time does the work. She works 2 jobs, so much falls on me, except during my busy season when I work 7 days, 14-16 hours a day, and she picks up everything.

We never set any rules, just seemed to fall into it, and it works so no need to change yet!

She's real good about it, came home yesterday and even though she is in a cast from a foot operation (accident at work) (this past week) and has a pin thru her big toe, she washed the dishes, cleaned the bathroom, and bathed and washed her hair. No mean feat with her leg in a cast!

After our, now, 2 years together, it's smooth sohopefully will continue

Well will add my bit now:

The wife and I have been together since December 2003 and living in our house in the village since February 2005.

Well we to share the chores, there is no you do this do that we just seem to get on with it, me ole Mum brought me up to be Self Reliant in he world in case needs must bless her.

The wife and I work as a team we didnt plan it ,it just works that way, we can both cook, we both Iron etc etc its a good relationship.

The wife and I have been together since December 2003 and living in our house in the village since February 2005.

Well we to share the chores, there is no you do this do that we just seem to get on with it, me ole Mum brought me up to be Self Reliant in he world in case needs must bless her.

The wife and I work as a team we didnt plan it ,it just works that way, we can both cook, we both Iron etc etc its a good relationship.

Have you heard or seen me & Nee in the kitchen together?

It's not a pretty sight. And we could teach a few people a few things about language.

It's not a pretty sight. And we could teach a few people a few things about language.

Just seeing you bad enough with out you opening your mouth :o:D

Married for 16 years....good girl from Surin.

I try to help, but am told not to. Ironing, cleaning, pool maintenance, garden, lawn mowing, cooking,

washing, cat tray. I do the lawn edges (have not taught her how to use the wipper-snipper), and any maintenance around the house. Sabai sabai.....She never stops!! aerobics for 1 hour every morning, then into it..vacuuming, cleaning, Oh boy..

Yes, she loves being active, and a grand hostess when ever we have a BBQ. Last week a BBQ for 20 people.. cooking for so many...yet I did the BBQ cooking, all her Thai friends came good with delicious food.

Love her.

I do the ATM

She does the banking and bill paying.

I drive

She cooks one to two meals a day and tells the housekeeper what to do.

Seems to work out.

Actually we stay pretty active so the houskeeper gives her the freedom to share time with me, bowling and motorcycle riding seems to fill most of our days.

Don't know exactly why but she won't let the housekeeper do the laundry, ironing of my clothes, but not hers. I don't interfer the house is hers.

If we have guest for dinner I usually cook , because then we are making things that are not the norm.

WELL DONE GUYS FOR ADDING YOUR THREADS I AM SURE THERE ARE MORE TO COME AND THANKS FOR STICKING TO THE RULES THAT I STATED AT THE START.

What is nice to hear and read about is the fact that we are all mucking into together and that this Theory of the Thai Culture regarding we sit back and let our lovely partners do the rest has been dissolved by your replies.

Good partnerships are about working together, being there for each other, being able to talk things through, Caring, loving.

Thats why we are here in 'LOS'

Keep it coming and once again Thank you

Edited by macb

I'm retired and don't have a work permit. :o She normally gets upset if I try to do any of "HER" work. I do trim trees once in a while and some other outside things but she never asks me to do anything. Life is great out here in the boonies.

We split the work down the middle.. we BOTH tell the maid what to do. hel_l labor is so cheap over here why would you have your sweetie doing anything ... but what she wants to do... some times she cooks.. but only because she wants to.... But my situation I guess is different as she went to University, and she would no sooner be a house maid than I would.

My wife and I have a great arrangement! She does ALL the cooking...except for when I cook a Pop-tart or make myself a bowl of cereal etc... She also irons and cleans the house, feeds the fish, does the laundry, cuts my cigars, pours my beer, picks out my suit and tie in the morning, and keeps me quite satisfied. :D

I just go to work. I am a really LUCKY guy. :o

Chore-sharing is an important component of the staking out of positions that people do at the start of a relationship.

I remember my ex emphatically stating khat horng nam mai pen (I don't scrub bathrooms!) She liked dusting and rearranging things.

Not the wife but my girly for 2 months in Pattaya was a Buriram lass and a darling, offered to do everything (no monies changed hands by the way). After a couple of days it felt very wierd, as I've always done most in UK for my girlfriends and the look on her face when I insisted I do things was a picture! Granted we didnt have many chores, tidy the hotel room thats about it, but things like carrying the shopping, riding the moped (This I DID insist!) while she clung to the back of me I enjoyed doing for her

God, makes me sound kinda soft doesnt it? :o

Here in Oz it depends if I'm working & what hours as to whom does what. If I'm home afternoon/evening, I'll often have dinner prepared by 2pm. If it's left to her ladyship, the prep may start about 6pm. When in LoS, she'll cook at mum's but I generally do it at home (whilst she's with mum). If she's not about at feeding time, one of our sisters may feed me if she's early enough.

I'll do a little in the garden - but not much. We have different ideas about allowing vegies time to grow to a useful size before ripping them out. :o I protect the gekkos, she chases them out.

Who's on the front of the bike is determined by where we're going & which bike we're on. Majority of the basic cleaning she'll do (says it's her job - who am I to say otherwise?) Extensive yard work I often let the local lads do. It's inexpensive, much easier & I don't run the risk of being picked up for 'working'.

Gotta love the life.... :D

Been married 5 years in Khon Kaen, I work away a lot as in oil & gas, currently Georgia (formerly Russia), so when I get my leave time my wife insists that I kick back and enjoy my leave time i.e. have a beer, fish & play golf :D

If I want to play golf anytime, no worries and as an aside her Xmas present was a set of golf clubs so she can join me on the course, ###### some of them caddies were nice :o

All joking aside I think it is mostly in their upbringing that they are taught to take care of the breadwinner

KK boy

I agree with you and here in Sisaket it's the same. When you hear Nong and me in te Kitchen together ???

I should be fair I have a lovely wife and in all the years we stay together each helps the other including washing, ironing drinking and so on...

this Theory of the Thai Culture regarding we sit back and let our lovely partners do the rest has been dissolved by your replies.

I think the majority of those with that theory are the ones who've never ventured out of their home town, let alone country, same holiday to the same caravan site each year in cold and windy england... Closest they get to Thailand is a postcard from a very lucky friend/relative or watching dated sitcoms while slumped in their cosy armchair 7 days a week :o

I only done 2 months in thailand and still get those sort of comments from friends and family who know no different

I just smile and agree, quietly thinking while they're making comments like that thats one less ignorant/stupid falang I'll bump into again when I am back in LOS