US blames Russia for hacking political sites

rooster59

30 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Trump mentioned Estonia by name as one of the allies that may not be worth defending against Russia. Estonia meets its NATO budget obligations.http://money.cnn.com/2016/04/15/news/nato-spending-countries/    It has suffered over 100 casualties fighting our war in Iraq.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coalition_casualties_in_Afghanistan#Estonian   Since the nation has a population of just 1.3 million, it is suffering significantly higher per capita casualty rates than the US. 

Abandoning allies like that will identify the US as an ally not worth having.

28 minutes ago, Usernames said:

I am unwilling to have a nuclear war with Russia over Estonia.  I'll bet 99 percent of the rest of America feels the same way. About the only people who would be for it are John McCain and his mini-me, Lindsay Graham.

We don't have to have a nuclear war with Russia over Estonia.  A competent president and united NATO would make it clear to Russia that the cost of aggression against Estonia or any other NATO ally would greatly outweigh any potential benefit. 

Unfortunately Trump has already demonstrated incompetence for the presidency and weakened NATO (if he becomes president) by showing a clear lack of commitment to NATO.  Our failure to stand up for our allies will be noted not only in Europe but all over the world. 

BTW:  Estonia did not fight in Iraq because they were threatened.  They fought in Iraq because to meet their obligations as NATO members.  Trump may not understand this, but alliances and obligations go both ways.

Edited by heybruce