Im sick of the music noise in Thailand

advancebooking

20 hours ago, seajae said:

many moons ago when I was young and had a half decent voice I was with a band, gave me some great insight to adjusting  the amps so that the music etc wasnt distorted. At the new year party at my wifes work last year they had hired a sound system for the night but had the bass and treble set really badly so that the music was distorting  plus like most thais they had the volume set as loud as it would go so I went over and adjusted the bass/treble so the music no longer distorted and was much better to listen too. The idiots were back there within minutes and set it back the way it was because I presume it was just a bit louder, the fact that the bass was set as low as it could go so that it buggered up the music and wasnt balanced with the treble meant nothing, I am convinced all these idiots are deaf and cannot hear anything below full volume, the fact that it sounds like total sh*t never comes into it, you only have to listen the the crap sound coming from their cars etc, they have no idea how to balance the tone or adjust the volume

As an ex pro musician, I say you have got it spot on.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I tend to agree that loud music is all pervading here and difficult to avoid, you aren't going to eliminate it so don't stress out. I manage to avoid it ( I don't ride in their cars for example) but sometimes have to suck it up!

3 hours ago, transam said:

My point was that you wrote the assumption that folk who live in a crap area must put up with it, well l don't live in a crap area but after buying land and building on it we have noise pollution which was no way anticipated and can do sod all about it....... Thankfully the noise doesn't last to long, and for sure I ain't moving from my hide away...

No I didn't.

I suggested he take deliberate actions to change his situation.

In other words move, change where he shops and dines.

I'm not a great fan of loud music either (outside places where it can be expected like clubs and certain bars)

If it suddenly started up where I live and I couldn't hack it, I'd move to another dwelling.

1 hour ago, jesimps said:

"Go back to where you came from" has to be the most annoying comment on TV. I reckon you have to post it a few times to qualify to become a Thai-bashing policeman.

Yes, your right, there seem to be more and more Thaivias members joining the "if you don't like it go home" brigade, very

annoying people they are.

Edited by possum1931
decided to add a bit more.

6 minutes ago, YeahSiam said:

No I didn't.

I'm not a great fan of loud music either (outside places where it can be expected like clubs and certain bars)

If it suddenly started up where I live and I couldn't hack it, I'd move to another dwelling.

Can't you understand what the poster is saying?

7 minutes ago, YeahSiam said:

No I didn't.

Well have a read......:rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, transam said:

Well have a read......:rolleyes:

If I lived next to people who blast music all the time, I'd consider that a reasonable definition of a shitty neighbourhood.

We know that Thais can be inconsiderate so the onus really is on us to improve our situation.

No point whining about it

8 minutes ago, YeahSiam said:

If I lived next to people who blast music all the time, I'd consider that a reasonable definition of a shitty neighbourhood.

We know that Thais can be inconsiderate so the onus really is on us to improve our situation.

No point whining about it

So you are saying my noise problem is because l live in a shitty area.....?

17 hours ago, YeahSiam said:

People move into a cheap house in a shitty neighbourhood then get on TV forums complaining about how inconsiderate their neighbours are.

If you don't like the noise near your house, move to a more upmarket neighbourhood.

If you don't like the noise at Tesco, shop at Gourmet Foodhalls, Tops Market, Villa Market or Foodland.

If you don't like the noise at cafes and restaurants, go to more upmarket establishments.

Many retail outlets popular with Thais know that music louder appeals to their customers (mostly ordinary Thais).

They don't give a shit about what some farang thinks nor should they.

My Thai wife hates the loud music just as I do.

Btw, that kind of cacophony hardly deserves to be named "music".

2 hours ago, Autonuaq said:

Hi,

Do you ever been in other Asian countries like for example China?

I do like what you try to arrange. You do forget the culture is different than where you come from. And the culture here is already very influenced by the American way of doing things and that adapted to the local area. 

The American way of living in the local Asian expression

If you are unable to influence the influencer(America and the media then there is not much left other than to get used to it

Or wear earplugs

Or get noise canceling earphones.

Or move just on.

God luck

Surely, it should be dealt with in the 'American way'?

Airstrike or just a nutter with a firearm.

4 hours ago, transam said:

I live on an expensive bit of land on the edge of a lake, about 9 years now. I have no neighbours so I can play music all day long with no problems.

BUT, about 2 years back the local gov decided to erect a tower with large speakers on top about half a kilo away. At 6 am some crap music comes on to tell everyone that soon a bloke will be on the mic to talk..:crying:....when he has finished the crap music comes on to tell us he has finished....This frequent episode obviously wakes me and many others up....My point is it don't matter where you live or how posh the area stuff can happen...

Just put a pin through the speaker cable and cut it flush with the outer sheath somewhere higher up (for your average Thai) and it'll fix it until they replace the whole cable in a year or two.

Not so noisy up here in the jungle , Always search the neighborhood for Temples before buying or renting.  I don't miss the candidate trucks during elections. Nice at the mall here, restaurants are quiet, different up here I guess. OH the funerals can get noisy.

12 minutes ago, YeahSiam said:

Always with the barb.

If you can't debate without getting personal, maybe you should just avoid posting altogether.

Bwaaaaaaaaah, says the bloke that folk with a noise problems live in shit holes....Bwaaaaaaaaah...

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Bwaaaaaaaaah, says the bloke that folk with a noise problems live in shit holes....Bwaaaaaaaaah...

If you want to take a general comment personally, that's up to you.

Maybe you need to focus on dealing with your persecution complex.

A belligerent attitude doesn't get you far in Thailand

9 hours ago, ClutchClark said:

Blasting distorted music at eardrum piercing levels is one of the sure signs you are in a 3rd world country.

Along with the smell of burning plastic. 

Along with a large stray dog population. 

Along with garbage littering every bit of open space.

4 hours ago, Deepinthailand said:

Yes have spent time in Caribbean. 

This thread was about noise music which you described then went on about everything else you dislike about Thailand hence diffrent agenda. Can't you read your own posts. 

Now I understand, you read far more into my post than I had stated. I simply made a list of things and you applied your own skew and decided I must not like these things and that resulted in you getting your panties twisted. 

If you read my post you will not find any indication of my displeasure or pleasure of these things. The reason is because sometimes I enjoy being in the 3rd World and those items are reminders I am. 

I could have added eating small bananas and drinking fresh coconut. 

So take your old cantankerous and argumentative attitude and run along. Your trying to start arguments where none are warranted. 

And you must have spent all your Caribbean time on Bermuda :smile:

I personally don't have an issue with the noise or music, I think thai people are generally immune to the noise whether it be music or someone peddling their wares.

Being brought up in a very rural area in Wales there is virtually no noise pollution apart from sheep bleating from time to time. When I was living in Holland I did have issues with the blokes who used to drive the organ grinder thing around the streets on a Saturday morning and the incessant church bells on a sunday morning, my lie in days, but I was living in Holland and if the dutch people wanted these things who am I to try and change it.

Our flat in London where we used to live you could hear sirens from police, ambulance, fire engines all the time not to mention the young boy racers on mopeds with the baffles removed, when my father used to stay with us he said he couldn't sleep but me and the Mrs were used to it and even though we would hear it it wouldn't bother us.

In Thailand I quite like the vibrancy and the different noises of people selling their different things and after a while you stop hearing it as noise and it stops bothering you, its just an everyday thing.

I will point out that I am deaf in one ear so if i'm in bed and any noise is bothering me I just put my good ear on the pillow and I don't hear anything.

So a possible if not practical solution maybe to have some sort of surgery to become deaf in one ear, it will affect you balance for a while but you get over it. This last sentence was in jest.

On 10/9/2016 at 7:57 PM, advancebooking said:

Its true what you say about mr lost in san. Ive started to not read his comments over the years. He has to be one of the most hated members on this forum

A gf in Europe once told me when they stop talking about you, you're dead.

I might wright about things many members here do not like. The truth can be really hard sometimes. 

On 10/10/2016 at 10:52 AM, YeahSiam said:

Ok but for 7 years, you had no issues did you?

If it bothered you that much, you'd have moved.

Farangs don't understand that the average Thai wakes up at 6am and those announcements by the PYB is very important, specially to the elderly villagers.

When I am staying at the Dusit Thani things is so quiet I sleep with my Mrs and baby boy until 10 in the morning but when in Isaan I am used to it already that the monks start opening the speakers at 4am in the morning, the PYB announces at 6am on the speaker who passed away at night, the crazy school taxi pickup truck announces by blaring music that they will soon pass by to pick up the kids (not my one) but the little brother of my Mrs.

Then their are the loud firecrackers that got off at 3pm and we know someone bite the dusts. 

Tesco Lotus shouts on the speaker with a volume for me unbearable that a kilo pig now is only 109 Baht a kilo and Mrs says she going over and buys 2kg. She says fuxk that market that wants to charge 139 Baht a kilo and things great that Tesco announces it on the speaker. I told her why not just read the brochure when entering the store and she says no, they read the pricelist on the microphone.

Do I agree with it? Sometimes not but hey I am living here and after almost 29 years it's not really a problem for me and sometimes after a couple of drinks I am too taking the speakers out but I do keep the bass a bit down and at 9pm I stop.

I had a very quiet time when I stayed for 3 years at Nichada Thani renting a house at the lake for 180,000 Baht per month. I miss sometimes Nichada but prefer to just save up the money to put it in the future education of my boy and happy to have the sound around if it allows to save some good money for my kid.

If I don't like the sound of Thailand I can leave Thailand with my wife and baby boy, and possible ny a condo somewhere else such as Nichada Thani or at least rent a condo at Danicha Garden which goes for around 50000 Baht a month and a Villa Market at Nichada is included.

Any farangs that complain about loud sound? Have a look at Nichada Thani, great place to stay and ISB is next door for your kids (450,000 - 1.2 Million Baht per year) with Villa Market inside Nichada and very near to CW Immigration for 90 days reporting at only 60,000 (excluding Villa Market shopping and schooling) - 290,000 Baht per month.

I don't want to be sarcastic to the TV community but Thailand has great options for anyone that wants to feel like they are staying in the West.

As for me I had that HiSo life and happy with the speakers around the Tescos, BigC's and villages. As I understand the PYB's announcement on the speakers on Thai, I am the one that wakes up the Mrs and tell her who just popped off the night before.

Edited by MobileContent