Dual Passports

I live in Australia with my Thai wife and i am fortunate enough to have dual Nationality and passports. (UK and Australian)

We are considering moving back to Thailand for the next 9 months for the birth of our child.

It will be significantly cheaper for us and she can be near her family when needed.

My Question is about Visas and entry for me. (I am Australian not Thai)

I will need to leave thailand and Return to Australia every 30 days for meetings for several days.

Can i swap passports for entry each time i enter, and therefore stay under the 90 day cap every 180 days in each passport?

OR

Is the entry requirement for the individual??

How is the amount of time spent in country calculated?

Is it on the individual or do they add up the stamps in the passport?

All assistance is appreciated.

Without going into the information that immigration has or doesn't have (though I suspect that they will have all your info, regardless of the passport you use), the best way would simply to apply for a multiple entry non-immigrant 'O' visa before you depart.

As such, you will be able to enter and leave thailand as often as you want with none of the 90 day restrictions per 180 imposed on those on those who get the 30 day stamp on arrival.

You child, the lucky bugger, will most likely have Australia, British and Thai nationality. You will probably best off registering the birth at the respective embassies and getting your little tacker both a Thai passport to depart Thailand, and the Aussie one with which to enter Australia.

Also be aware (as a new father myself) that things like the baby bonus will only be available to you if you move back to OZ within roughly 6 months of the birth.

Non Imm "O" Visa looks like a problem.

The first qualification is that i am retired an over 50.

I am neither.

I have a job in Australia that will allow me to work from Thailand.

As all of the work that i do will be online back to Oz or in Singapore, i do not anticipate that i will have any need to get a work Visa for Thailand.

Any ideas on what Visa options are available?

Who told you that nonsense? Your wife is Thai and you qualify for a non immigrant O visa at just about any Royal Thai Consulate in the world. Your marriage certificate is normally all that is required. Believe the person you spoke with may have been thinking retirement but that is only one critera for a non immigrant O visa. Visiting your wife is very high on the priority list.

Who told you that nonsense? Your wife is Thai and you qualify for a non immigrant O visa at just about any Royal Thai Consulate in the world. Your marriage certificate is normally all that is required. Believe the person you spoke with may have been thinking retirement but that is only one critera for a non immigrant O visa. Visiting your wife is very high on the priority list.

Wife's ID card is always good to have along.

If I can get a 1 year Non "O" in Guangzhou, I have to agree anyone can get one anywhere in the world with proper docs. :o

TH

what have having two passports (with different surnames (due to spelling)..

applying for a non imm o visa, using it for 15months doing broader runs, then fly to singapore, apply for another non imm o visa using the 2nd passport?

?