Forgot to extend stamp in Certifcate of Residence book - problems?

Hi,

I have a PR and the stamp in the blue certificate of residence book expired 8-October = Saturday but I just saw it today

I think I did this at the police station but cannot remember, I also think that they asked me if I wanted to pay for 5 years so I did but don't know if that was a scam. I should have the receipt somewhere

What is implication of this and how / where do I extend?

Grateful for quick response

17 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

Thanks,

The stamp in the blue book clearly says last year to this year = one year. How can I have to report every 5 years and have a one year stamp? 

I'll go there today but interested in the 5 vs 1 year thingie

The 5 year reporting has been discussed in this topic several times. Camerata's Guide To The Permanent Residence Process

Yes, the stamp expiry date in the blue Certificate of Residency book matches the multiple entry stamp in the passport. I don't plan to travel right now so no issue then

What is the exact procedure here?

1) Get multiple entry stamped in passport and Cheang Wattana?

2) Then off to the police station to get stamp in blue Certificate of Residency book?

What books/forms to brink and fill in to CW for multiple entry?

Thanks

Mikey

3 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

Yes, the stamp expiry date in the blue Certificate of Residency book matches the multiple entry stamp in the passport. I don't plan to travel right now so no issue then

2) Then off to the police station to get stamp in blue Certificate of Residency book?

Thanks

Mikey

No need to go to Police station. CW stamp in both PP and CoR book.

Police only needed for the 5 year reporting of residence in the Red book

Edited by Naroge

3 hours ago, MikeyIdea said:

Thanks

Mikey

Both the Non-Quota Immigrant Visa (in your passport) and the endorsement of your Certificate of Residence (your blue book) are obtained at Immigration, not at the police station.  It's your Alien Registration Certificate (red book) that is endorsed at the police station and yes, that can be done once every 5 years.

For the Non-Quota Immigrant Visa and Certificate of Residence endorsement, I think I've managed to get it down to a fine art.  Download TM22 and TM13 from the immigration website and fill them out.  Plan to show up at Cheangwattana about 11:15am with the forms, two photographs, your passport, your Certificate of Residence, your Alien Registration Certificate and 5,700 baht (multiple-entry Non-Quota Immigrant Visa is 3,800 baht, endorsement is 1,900 baht).  Get a queue number (queue E1, I think) - there is rarely anyone waiting in this queue.  Submit all the paperwork and the money before noon - get your receipt.  They will tell you to come back at 1:30pm.  Grab some lunch in the food court.  Read the paper.  Go back at 1:30pm and pick up your documents.  Can all be done pretty reliably in about 2 hours.  If you submit your paperwork after lunch, it won't be ready until the following day and no one wants to trek out to CW twice if they can avoid it.

Only your first Certificate of Residence is blue.  Once that's full, you must apply for a "Replacement Certificate of Residence", which is white (form TM18 to apply).  For that, you will need your household registration book (tabien baan) and it takes about a week and two visits to CW.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2016 at 10:41 AM, ubonjoe said:

You do the report at a police station. You only need to do it every 5 years and it should be free.

You should go to your local police station to to get it done. Being only a few days late should not be a problem.

I'm sorry but I think this is not 100% correct, the police reporting can be 5 years valid, it is not free, approx. 300Thb.

The Yearly Endorsement in Blue resident book, is at Immigration....and not free, depending if you need or not a re-entry.

Rgds.

23 hours ago, nosatisfaction said:

I'm sorry but I think this is not 100% correct, the police reporting can be 5 years valid, it is not free, approx. 300Thb.

The Yearly Endorsement in Blue resident book, is at Immigration....and not free, depending if you need or not a re-entry.

Rgds.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the yearly endorsement is needed only if you need to leave the country (it goes together with the Non-Quota Immigrant Visa, which is the equivalent of a re-entry permit). If you don't need to travel abroad, the only thing that must be "renewed" is the red book (Alien Registration) at your local police station every 5 years.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jujus said:

Please correct me if I am wrong, but the yearly endorsement is needed only if you need to leave the country (it goes together with the Non-Quota Immigrant Visa, which is the equivalent of a re-entry permit). If you don't need to travel abroad, the only thing that must be "renewed" is the red book (Alien Registration) at your local police station every 5 years.

As far as I am aware, the re-endorsement in blue book has to be done yearly as you have to pay seperately endorsement and re-entry permit, possibly I am wrong but this is my experience, maybe someone has others. As far as red book I have the same , 5years.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jujus said:

Correct.

• Like 1