How to get rid of small flies

teemuj

I've got these small flies, maybe 2mm in length, congregating at the toilet. They are not really a big issue but a nuisance. There is nothing for them to eat there, and after spraying throughout they appear again in a few days time. Not sure if they are from out ventilation channels or one of the unused drain. Not many other places I could think of. What would be a long term solution of getting rid of them?

Did you ever hear the saying "like flies around sh1t"

I never used to get these tiny flies until recently; now they are here every day around my outside table, my outside sink and cooker, yesterdays beer glass.

Realised that my cleaning regime had slackened off since I started the house build.

A quick wipe over surfaces is no longer enough.

I did a proper deep clean of my sink and cooking utensils and gave the table a good chaindrite spraying to lose those ants. washed the top with bleach and hey presto the little blighters only come back when I have a glass of beer on the table.

What I am trying to say is; blokes are just crap at cleaning, it needs a womans hand and whether that means washing the dishes or cleaning the bog front to back they are the only way to get rid of flies.

For details on how to get a woman if you haven't got one already just post another topic.

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 5:43 PM, eyecatcher said:

Did you ever hear the saying "like flies around sh1t"

I never used to get these tiny flies until recently; now they are here every day around my outside table, my outside sink and cooker, yesterdays beer glass.

Realised that my cleaning regime had slackened off since I started the house build.

A quick wipe over surfaces is no longer enough.

I did a proper deep clean of my sink and cooking utensils and gave the table a good chaindrite spraying to lose those ants. washed the top with bleach and hey presto the little blighters only come back when I have a glass of beer on the table.

What I am trying to say is; blokes are just crap at cleaning, it needs a womans hand and whether that means washing the dishes or cleaning the bog front to back they are the only way to get rid of flies.

For details on how to get a woman if you haven't got one already just post another topic.

Your legend is very appropriate in this instance :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I had the same problem when beeing posted abroad for a year.

Thousands of flies in my bathroom, everything was covered with this flies 1 cm high!!

I found out that this flies lay eggs in the dirt of the wash bassin pipes if you don't use them or flush them regularly.

M.