wifes gold

pumpjack

Get in the house get the gold let the mystery who dunnit remain just that a mystery. Stick the gold in a safety deposit box for your daughter and forget about it until the time comes to hand it over. The goods as you say are already under threat so why wait for the inevitable when you could safeguard some of your child's future inheritance. 

I can think of FOUR options:

• Buy her a HEAVY safe, and offer to pay for a technician screw the safe into the wall.
  • Make your own attempt to rescue this gold (while everybody is out of the home)
  • Talk to your daughter and tell her that this gold was bought for HER.  Convince the daughter that the mum is unreliable with Gold and get your daughter to re-claim it. it shouldnt be too hard for your daughter to put it in a safety deposit box of her own. (if your daughter worries about her mum getting angry, then it is proof that the mum had no intention of giving it to her daughter). if your daughter wont work together with you, then maybe its a sign that you havent told us the entire story.
  • Sit back and enjoy the drama and hope that your ex (or daughter) listen to your advice about theft-safety.

Seems there are two attitudes to gold, firstly being the usual affectation of women for jewellery, it is well secured and worn on special occasions. The second one seems to be the put it all on for show at any given opportunity, this attitude seems to be more about showing off wealth.

You'll end up with one type of girl or the other, each of us can decide which is preferable.

On 10/13/2016 at 0:59 AM, Gracas said:

The wife's 16 year old son has a 23 year drunk as a mate who stays in the house with them (also in the house is your young daughter who complains about him). I can understand your concern.

The suggestion of a Safe for the gold is a good one if your wife would use it.

I would be suspect about what the arrangement is with this 23 year old.

As long as the safe is heavy enough that it would need at least 2 very strong men to carry it, or it's been securely bolted onto the floor or a wall.

41 minutes ago, scorecard said:

As long as the safe is heavy enough that it would need at least 2 very strong men to carry it, or it's been securely bolted onto the floor or a wall.

Safes here are pretty crummy. Plus a safe screams valuables inside. If I wanted inside a safe I could get in it pretty easily with basic tools considering the quality here. Sure it's harder to get to inside a safe but at the same time it's inticing for a thief as well. All you need is 30 mins and don't even need to unbolt the safe from the floor. Just need to bust a hole in side and reach in or pry the door open. 

Just food old for thought

Edited by Strange