Non Immigrant "o"

Advise Please I am uk citizen with income from my uk based company. I came here early sept on 60 day tourist be with thai girlfriend to start plans to marry now everything agreed for marriage end of feb 07. (Intended to do border runs to stay) have done 2 runs to border my last run due mid december. Been advised non immigrant "b" are difficult to get so i am wondering what next ? Maybe KL for 90 tourist or non imm "o". Have set up home here and dont need or want all the hassle of wasted time energy and money of going back to uk to get non imm "o" . How easy is it to get single entry 90 day visa in KL ?

Advise Please I am uk citizen with income from my uk based company. I came here early sept on 60 day tourist be with thai girlfriend to start plans to marry now everything agreed for marriage end of feb 07. (Intended to do border runs to stay) have done 2 runs to border my last run due mid december. Been advised non immigrant "b" are difficult to get so i am wondering what next ? Maybe KL for 90 tourist or non imm "o". Have set up home here and dont need or want all the hassle of wasted time energy and money of going back to uk to get non imm "o" . How easy is it to get single entry 90 day visa in KL ?

If you're working in Thailand you should be having a non-immigrant-B and work permit. If not this is my advice:

I would travel to KL when your last (of 3) 30 day stamps expires. There you can get a single entry tourist visa which can be extended by 30 days (you'll probably not get a non-immigrant-o because you're not married yet at that time).

After the 90 days expire you can go for a multiple-entry non-immigrant-O visa in KL because you're already married by then.

You could also have the official marriage a bit earlier to avoid one trip to KL.

Edited by kriswillems

Income from overseas does not equate to working in Thailand and any non immigrant visa can be used as the basis for a work permit if indeed he ever needed one.

As mentioned why not register the marriage now? This is only a legal function and has nothing to do with the cermony. That would allow you to immediately obtain a non immigrant O visa.

If you can here in early September on a real tourist visa (60 day entry) you would have been stamped into country until early November and could have obtained another 30 days from immigration so would not have had to make any border runs to date. But you say you have made two runs and have another due in 2 more weeks? Are you sure you had a visa entry and not 30 day entry without visa?

You are aware a "90" day tourist visa only allows a 60 day stay and then you have to extend to get another 30 days? Without the marriage certificate you are not likely to obtain anything more than a tourist visa in the area, but that would take you through the scheduled marriage time, with extension of stay, if you have to stick with it.

Income from overseas does not equate to working in Thailand and any non immigrant visa can be used as the basis for a work permit if indeed he ever needed one.

As mentioned why not register the marriage now? This is only a legal function and has nothing to do with the cermony. That would allow you to immediately obtain a non immigrant O visa.

If you can here in early September on a real tourist visa (60 day entry) you would have been stamped into country until early November and could have obtained another 30 days from immigration so would not have had to make any border runs to date. But you say you have made two runs and have another due in 2 more weeks? Are you sure you had a visa entry and not 30 day entry without visa?

You are aware a "90" day tourist visa only allows a 60 day stay and then you have to extend to get another 30 days? Without the marriage certificate you are not likely to obtain anything more than a tourist visa in the area, but that would take you through the scheduled marriage time, with extension of stay, if you have to stick with it.

Thankyou very much for your welcome advise. Sorry if i seem a little ignorant in these matters.

I am not working in Thailand just recieve income from my business in the uk

I have a 60 day visa granted by Thai Consulate in uk begining of sept. I did my 1st visa run end of oct and had to go again 1 week early due to my girlfriends family staying with us.

What is the process to register the marriage here and what paper work do i need ?Will i have to leave the kingdom to get non imm. "o". Do i need to show income from the uk ( receiving baht via western union ) ?

Again thankyou for your advise

Read this from the UK Embassy

If you have 400k in bank account they can convert a 30 day entry with 21 days remaining to a single entry non immigrant O visa. But you could also use the marriage certificate and copy of wife ID card to obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa from KL or Singapore if that would fit your plans better.