Apply for Non-O based on marriage in Singapore

In the next few weeks I will be applying for a Non-O based on marriage at the Thai embassy in Singapore.  I did this 10 years ago with the help of a lawyer.  Basically he just filled out the forms, so it was a waste of money.  I'd like to do it on my own this time.

Over the past few months I've been transferring money to my Thai bank for various reasons, but I've sent well over 40k each month for the last 4 months.  I will be starting a new job in Singapore in November that will put me well over the 40k as well.  

My question is, in order to prove income can I show them my past 3-4 months Thai bank statements?  Can I just go to the U.S. embassy and get a letter?  Does the embassy require proof, or is it one of those "raise your right hand" things where they just give you a letter based on what you tell them?  I have an offer letter from the company in Singapore that shows m income.  Will this be helpful in any way?

It appears income is not an option.  They only mention 400k in the bank.  I sent them an email asking for clarification.  I'll come back and post when they respond.  In the interim if anyone could share their experience at the embassy in Singapore, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the link by the way.

Unless you are already in Singapore I suggest you go somewhere else to apply for your visa.

If you want a single entry non-o visa you can get one with no financial proof in Vientiane. In Penang Malaysia you could get one by showing 200k baht in the bank or proof of income.

For a multiple entry visa you can get one in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof or Penang with 400k baht in the bank or proof of income.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Unless you are already in Singapore I suggest you go somewhere else to apply for your visa.

If you want a single entry non-o visa you can get one with no financial proof in Vientiane. In Penang Malaysia you could get one by showing 200k baht in the bank or proof of income.

For a multiple entry visa you can get one in Savannakhet Laos with no financial proof or Penang with 400k baht in the bank or proof of income.

Thanks!  I'll go to Savannakhet.  It seems like the easier option.

4 minutes ago, daboyz1 said:

One other question.  Do I need to bring my wife with me to Savannkhet?  I didn't have to do this in Singapore.

Your wife does not need to be with you. You will need your marriage certificate plus a copy, signed copies of her house book registry and ID card.

There are ongoing topics about Savannakhet where you can find more info.