Cat Telecom Adsl Home Line

Vespa

Anyone care to comment about this service .

I see it is 2700 baht per month , is it worth anyway near that price ?

Or are there better services available?

Depends on a couple of things. Connection speed and reliability would be my main considerations. I use the ToT ADSL 1024 connection for 1,000 baht/month.

Couldn't see any reason to pay almost 3 times the cost unless there was a huge increase in the download/upload speeds, better customer service, less down-time and a personal assistant to do the typing for me ! :o

Anyone care to comment about this service .

I see it is 2700 baht per month, is it worth anyway near that price ?

Or are there better services available?

I've been using the 2700 (2,600 actually) baht per month, 2 Mb service from CAT for over 6 months already. I have 2 services in my apartment. The other one is the 1024 kbps, 1000 baht per month TT&T service. All the companies have high bandwidth services in the same price range as the CAT 2Mb, 2700 baht one.

Unless you require high bandwidth for VOIP services, you'll probably be ok with the cheaper services.

I appreciate the fast download speed with CAT. I often get 1600/600 speed and can download large files very quickly.

Customer service is s**t with both. Don't expect it. One time when CAT was down, I called customer service and gave up after 2 hours on hold. I've had exactly the same problems with TT&T...and what's worse is that when you do (if you do) get hold of them, they are absolutely useless and have limited English comprehension.

Remember that in the ISP realm, you get what you pay for. You pay for high bandwidth....but in Thailand you won't get customer service...or more to the point, customer service that most westerners are accustomed to.

Edited by tropo