Tot Dsl In Jomtien Versus South Pattaya

Jingthing

I am looking to get the Gold package DSL for a TOT line.

I will get specific here because it is relevant. I live in View Talay 2 in Jomtien but I discovered my phone number starts with 252 which I was told is a South Pattaya phone number.

There is no DSL service yet for 252 but there will be in a month, or so they say.

However, I am wondering if I should try to change my number to a 232 (which is a Jomtien number) because I do live in Jomtien and the quality of DSL service is often dependent on how close you are to the SOURCE of the DSL.

So, my question, if anyone knows, where exactly in Jomtien is the source for the DSL for the 232 exchange? I doubt anyone can say where the source for 252 will be as it doesn't yet exist.

Any insights into this issue?

Also, I have one line. If I ever get the DSL turned on, whats involved in using both the voice and DSL on the same line?

I will get specific here because it is relevant. I live in View Talay 2 in Jomtien but I discovered my phone number starts with 252 which I was told is a South Pattaya phone number.

There is no DSL service yet for 252 but there will be in a month, or so they say.

However, I am wondering if I should try to change my number to a 232 (which is a Jomtien number) because I do live in Jomtien and the quality of DSL service is often dependent on how close you are to the SOURCE of the DSL.

So, my question, if anyone knows, where exactly in Jomtien is the source for the DSL for the 232 exchange? I doubt anyone can say where the source for 252 will be as it doesn't yet exist.

Also, I have one line. If I ever get the DSL turned on, whats involved in using both the voice and DSL on the same line?

Cannot help for location of dsl.

But have experience (bad) with gold package.I am in Na Jomtien.They NEVER deliver more than 200 kbps on download (they promise....1000 kbps in the gold package)

And that's only if lucky.Sometimes the download is....30 kbps.Less than a modem line....

I suggest you take the cyberpackage.Same througput but at least you pay for what you have

And no problem for voice+ dsl+ fax .

Now they don't have too mutt breakdown

6 months ago service stopped sometimes on friday afternoon and came back on monday afternoon

I might be mistaken but I think that the DSL source in Jomtien is somewhere in Soi Chaypreuk near to the local TOT office there.

You can keep you ADSL connection on all the time and use your fax and telephone. However, you will need an ADSL filter. This little box looks like a typical splitter box but will filter the ADSL signal from the voice. Otherwise, a voice call will be accompanied by a lot of noise and your DSL will be effected. TOT supply an ADSL filter but, if not, you can buy one in the basement of Tuk.Com

But have experience (bad) with gold package.I am in Na Jomtien.They NEVER deliver more than 200 kbps on download (they promise....1000 kbps in the gold package)

And that's only if lucky.Sometimes the download is....30 kbps.Less than a modem line....

I suggest you take the cyberpackage.Same througput but at least you pay for what you have

And no problem for voice+ dsl+ fax .

Now they don't have too mutt breakdown

6 months ago service stopped sometimes on friday afternoon and came back on monday afternoon

Gold and GoldCyber packages (1024/256)...aren't they one and the same? There are also SuperCyber (256/128) and SilverCyber (512/256).

Thanks for the information on location and also voice sharing of the one line. It sounds logical that the Jomtien DSL would come from near Soi Chaypreuk. Perhaps the new South Pattaya DSL won't be that much farther away, or maybe even closer? My dilemna was whether it is worth the inevitable hassle of changing my phone number to make my DSL source closer.

As far as "gold" or whatever, the package I am talking about is 1024/512 Kbps for 1000 baht per month. No current promotion on free router/modem by the way.

Perhaps there is someone reading this who lives in View Talay 2 or any dwelling nearby who uses the Jomtien 232 exchange with the TOT Gold package. How is it working for you?

Edited by Jingthing

Perhaps there is someone reading this who lives in View Talay 2 or any dwelling nearby who uses the Jomtien 232 exchange with the TOT Gold package. How is it working for you?

That's me and I use the GoldCyber package. It can be variable but, in general, I'm satisfied with it. There is the occasional outage on the Internet connection but, usually, short-lived. TOT said that this problem, based on the Bangkok server, will be rectified fully in two weeks or so.