Phuket immigration; visa extension - no more stress

Bob12345

Just wanted to share my experience with renewing my visa at Phuket immigration two weeks ago (extension of stay based on marriage requested upstairs at Phuket immigration).

This has not been my first extension but it was the most pleasant visit by far.

As most of you probably already know they split the offices for different types of visa extensions.

I was not completely aware of that so I was politely waiting at 8:15AM for the doors to open.

Instead of the normal crowd of people and the pushing and shoving starting a few minutes before the doors actually open at 8:30, I was surprised to be the only person there.

Once the doors opened I was still the only person there and the volunteer went through all my paperwork in a slow and non-stressful way.

Due to my preparations all my papers were complete and copied correctly (all landscape or all portrait).

By the time my application went to the second desk, around 8:45, a second person came in and he was also helped immediately.

All together it took me a total of 75 minutes from the doors opening till walking out with the "under consideration" stamp in my passport.

It was an event without any stress, without a warm and crowded room full of waiting people, without grumpy officers and volunteers, and with a fridge offering free drinks.

This has been a huge improvement compared to my previous visits and I surely hope this continues.

Tip for others: no more need to be waiting in line 15-30 minutes before immigration opens and bring something to read while you wait in a quiet and comfortable room for all your paperwork to check out.

I tip my hat to the one who implemented this change!

6 hours ago, Hedghog said:

75 minutes is acceptable?

Pleasant even.

What's a bad day like?

Most pleasant, yes. 

That simply means more pleasant than ever before.

A bad day was like how it was before:

10 adults pushing to be the first in line for 5 minutes, waiting 1-2 hours before its your turn, spending about 2-3 hours in that room without enough seats, grumpy people complaining about your paperwork after which you have to get their supervisor over to make them accept it, etc.