Which 'farangs' Are The Most Violent?

mittheimp

How violent are you?  

359 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There seems to have been a lot of debate on this message board about the 'type' of farang in Thailand from certain nationalities - yobs or not? violent aggressive or not? and which nationalities are the worst. There are also a number of posts showboating there worth in streetfights! OK so here is a very scientific poll to find out - No doubt the results will be presented in the Bangkok post as unequivocal evidence that farangs in Thailand are out of control.

(sorry for grouping Australia and NZ together but got bored of typing)

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't really see many fights, the last one I saw was at a flower market and it was between two Thai men fighting about a parking space :o

They bounced around and slapped each others faces a few times while their wives & kiddies just sat in their respective cars watching, everybody else was just watching too!

I couldn't help but laugh, it was quite funny, people were looking at me like I was the devil!

They were all silent but 'that silly falang is laughing'! Quality :D

Only once seen a 'fight' near Khao San, some falang picked a $100 dollar note out of another falangs pocket so the victim punched the perpetrators nose, also funny but hardly a fight...

Swedes/Fins/Icelandic/Germans/Norse :D

Yep, they'd be in the other category!

Drink like fish and well this causes problems for others!!! :o

Well after taking this representative sample of four (good enough for the BKK post!) we can conclude that its all the 'others' (namely Swedes/Fins/Icelandic/Germans) that cause the trouble. I think visa regulations should be changed accordingly!

Edited by mittheimp

I'm british and I account for the vote just above shirley's. so two to five.

having said that, they've all been during a relatively short period of time when I was into some hard drugs.

The other 11 years since i left school I've not had one. Always walked away.

having said that, they've all been during a relatively short period of time when I was into some hard drugs.

Who are you calling shirely? You want a <deleted> slap young un? :o

:D:D

Who are you calling shirely? You want a <deleted> slap young un? :D

:D:D

:D

rumour has it you give a pretty good b1tch slapping... :o

:D

Well i voted for British and more than five, but that is only because i used to work as a doorman so unfortunately fighting was part of the job description.

As for fighting outside of my old job, then never. :o

Im in exactly the same boat as you DB, except im Oz. Outside work, never.

I've never been in a fight since school :o

Last New Year's Eve I witnessed a Thai gang war in Poo Kieaw, a small village near Chaiyapum. One gang (black shirts) was fighting against another (no shirts). A black shirt guy first tried to shoot one member of the non shirts. The shot failed. After that, two or three guys went with machetes after the non shirts. It was like a scene from Lord of the Rings, when they drew their swords! The non shirts were wounded, but could escape. They had to leave two of their motorcylces. The black shirts now executed (there is no other word) the two bikes. Hit them with their machetes, with other weapons and finally, set them on fire.

What about Canadians and Irish - they are farang too - and isn't Calgary one of the most violent cities in Northern America?

is it? i thought it was in eastern europe somewhere

A city in eastern europe is one of the most violent cities in Northern America?

yeah thats right.

sorry what i meant to say is

who gives a crap about calgary

QUOTE(adjan jb @ 2006-11-30 07:48:00)

According to a survey, 35 % of British males aged between 25 and 35 years old travel abroad to fight with locals. I guess they hold the world record.

Interesting - I came to Thailand when I was 25, had some fights and stopped drinking when I was 35. Haven't had a fight since that day. Says a lot really - a LOT to do with alcohol.

Let’s not go further, just take a look at each and every Europe football cup. The British police are always willing to supply those hooligans name list to their counterpart.

English police. English football has the hooligans who think their tough - Scotland has the tough guys. I used to love seeing the faces of English so called hard men in London when they heard my accent - they were terrified!

This doesn't show how violent people are - it should have categories like

'how many people have you put in hospital'?

'how many times have you glassed someone'?

'how many times have been thrown in jail'?

'have you ever pulled a knife on someone'?

fist fights -not necessarily violent.

Edited by Neeranam