Five things not to miss in Singapore if you spend a few days there..

watcharacters

Everything!!!  

After dozens of visits, and living there for a time, early 80's, I now find myself spending most time around Little India, Serangoon Road.  One restaurant there is a standout, Komala Vilas.

Singapore is one of the great cities of the world.

On 10/15/2016 at 10:53 PM, KhaoNiaw said:

Go to Flight Bar at the top of Marina Bay Sands. A couple of drinks isn't that expensive and you can spend a relaxing hour enjoying the view. 

If you go before 5 PM can get in with a pair of shorts and a few cheap drinks....just enjoy the view.....than go back home....party is over.....lol

Love the place. Hotels can be bit expensive especially around F1 time though.

The place is so clean, taxi services are cheap comfy and efficient , Loads off malls for shopping , Clarke quay is great place at night to eat and people watch , people are all very polite and friendly and the airport has everything.

Things to do . Top of the sands for the view and a drink , sentosa island , night safari , Chinatown , museum of Singapore.

On 10/21/2016 at 4:05 PM, HHTel said:

Now you're showing your age.  Done  away with years ago.

Was the place to go in the sixties

I am definitely showing my age!...thank u for reminding me...spent a month there on a yacht at Changi Yacht Club back in the 70's...we hung out a lot at Bugis Street...cheap entertainment!!

Again, thanks one and all.

A somewhat negative friend told me in the beginning I should have gone elsewhere.    He  lived and worked in Singapore for three years and contrary to his wife and daughter has no desire to return there.

The things you BM's have listed and talked about make me wonder if we'll have enough time to do everything.   

I know for sure we won't be bored.   Broke maybe but not bored..smile.gif

Thanks..