All Chage At Assunan

ThaiPauly

We took a trip to Assunan Market the other night and were absoutley astounded by the changes that seem to have taken place over night

The old car park now seems dominated by Seafood Restarants with a littke antiques place that has always been there stuck between them. In fact we met an old freind who used to be the Manager of a restaurant we frequently used and his new restaurant has the antique shop sandwiched in the middle of his restaurant Also from what I could see earlier there was some Thai dancing going on as well. One massive beer bar stuck in the middle..and plenty of places to sit.

Has anyone else been there since its refurbishment. Seems like everyone is on a 2 year lease enforced by Chang who own the whole market ...if it works and makes them lost of dosh I expect they will keep it open ,,if not I would expect them to bulldoze it and create a massive new shopping mall and another hotel.

Any thoughts?

TP

Edited by ThaiPauly

TP, I went there shortly after they opened and visited the big place on the right front corner as you are looking down the new section (same name as the place opposite) as it was diabolical and have not visited since. Thakfully my old favourite survived but has had to move to the refurbished Kalare area and are doing a roaring trade, good on 'em.