Thai airways London Bangkok A380

goldenbrwn1

Hi, has anyone flown with Thai airways on their London to Bangkok route with the new A380 airbus? I have always flown with BA but right now the prices are just shy of a £1000 ,where as for the last 5 years it's been around the 5 to 700 mark for economy on the smaller Boeing 777. Thai airways price as checked on The Trailfinders website is £500. Sounds like a great deal.....??

It  is a great  Plane, Thai have dropped their prices over the last few years around £500 is a fantastic price price for a return direct flight,  used it a few times already,  going next month  i paid £525

Edited by howerde
need to add text

3 hours ago, howerde said:

It  is a great  Plane, Thai have dropped their prices over the last few years around £500 is a fantastic price price for a return direct flight,  used it a few times already,  going next month  i paid £525

It's about the same price (a little better) as what the Arabs are offering for a stopover flight (which i prefer). They also have A380 which are great planes.  Only bad thing is that it can get busy and noise while waiting at the gate, 600 people in a gate for half of that, add some crying babies and the fun is complete.

It depends when you want to fly. I have just looked up BA and found flights from 24000bht. Unfortunately from my experiance of flying with them,in August 2015,I cannot recommend them, the same goes for Thai. Much prefare Eva or a Middle East carrier.

12 hours ago, fruitman said:

It's about the same price (a little better) as what the Arabs are offering for a stopover flight (which i prefer). They also have A380 which are great planes.  Only bad thing is that it can get busy and noise while waiting at the gate, 600 people in a gate for half of that, add some crying babies and the fun is complete.

I usually hang around outside the gate until boarding is almost complete. 

6 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

BA is exceptional:

I can not remember an airline that is more expensive on the Europe (London) to Bangkok direction than vice versa.

The normal rule is: Bangkok to Europe more expensive.

Just plugged a LHR-BKK r/t into ITA and BA came up at 605 quid which is roughly the same as their BKK-LHR r/t fare of around 25k baht.

Thai came in around 3200 quid!

Would never fly BA or Thai again. Always use EvaAir now as much better service and more often than not cheaper as well as being non stop.

Check with Westeast travel in Chiswick for a good deal.

Edited by Denim

20 hours ago, nontabury said:

It depends when you want to fly. I have just looked up BA and found flights from 24000bht. Unfortunately from my experiance of flying with them,in August 2015,I cannot recommend them, the same goes for Thai. Much prefare Eva or a Middle East carrier.

I've flown EVA & BA this year for B25-26k, BA gave me 50% of my air-miles, EVA gave me a big fat Zero, I was sorry to discover !

Both were reasonable service, with acceptable space, in a 3-3-3 configuration down-the-back in a B777.

Food was slightly-better, for a farang, on BA but IFE & luggage-allowance slightly-better on EVA, so much of a muchness overall.

I have just booked with Thai airways, flying out on Nov 5th. £540 with dial a flight. I mentioned to the dial a flight employee about the price of BA flights right now and he said that at the moment booking BA from London to Bangkok is unusually pricey. 

Il be sure to come back to this post and give my verdict on Thai airways and their new A380 airbus . Thanks again for all the replies and comments.

Edited by goldenbrwn1

Used TG new 380 on the Paris route and very good it was. Was in Economy but 'upstairs' exit aisle - have to say there was more space than I could use and have never said that before ! Service/Food etc all good, would recommend.