Confirmation of my living address

Hi there

I won't probably be able to renew my extension of stay this year. I want to sell my motorbike in the near future. But for doing so I think I need a confirmation of my living address issued by immigration. Can I have this document with a stamp on arrival? In case this is not possible, you guys have any idea how I can sell my bike on a stamp on arrival? 

I've no idea if you need it to sell a motorbike, but it is very unlikely that you'll get an address certificate from Immigration. You may be able get one from your Embassy.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

As with most of these things, different Land transport offices will probably have different requirements. I know most want proof of address to put the bike in your name (Green Book), but I cant imagine it would be required to sell the Bike. 

• Like 1

When I sold a car earlier this year the Land Transport Office (Pattaya) wanted a certificate of residence from both buyer & seller! Luckily I had my yellow house book with me and they accepted that, the buyer had a COR. 

As an aside I wonder if they will accept the new foreigners pink ID Card which has your address on it? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Deepinthailand said:

You can get a COR on a tourist exempt I used hotel address and got the hotel to write a letter to immigration stating I was staying there had no problem then Jomtien. I know of a chap in pattaya three weeks ago same thing again no problem.

You can't get it at all offices.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

You can get a COR on a tourist exempt I used hotel address and got the hotel to write a letter to immigration stating I was staying there had no problem then Jomtien. I know of a chap in pattaya three weeks ago same thing again no problem.

Thanks to all who replied. My bike is in Pattaya. This is good news for me!!  I just hope they will accept a stamp on arrival also for selling the bike and not only to get the COR

Edited by Brunus

10 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

As with most of these things, different Land transport offices will probably have different requirements. I know most want proof of address to put the bike in your name (Green Book), but I cant imagine it would be required to sell the Bike. 

You need a certificate of residency to sell a bike or car Valid for 30 days. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, dotpoom said:

You need a certificate of residency to sell a bike or car Valid for 30 days. 

You don´t need if you sell a bike any confirmation, you give the buyer a copy of your passport, including your visa or last entry stamp, 

you sign this copies, and you have to sign the transfer paper from Transportation office as the old owner, that´s all!

Edited by chickenrunCM

Last time I sold a car I had to have a COR same as the buyer. Caused a delay and a headache so now I just slot them in mrs name so much easier buying and selling.have seen somewhere that if sellernot present a power of attorney or something like that is needed as well. But I expect diffrent offices have diffrent rules. Easy solution ring the office the bike is registered to and ask there advise.

Edited by Deepinthailand