Honda Car Detailing

carlyai

I have a couple of paint chips and scratches on the car that I'd like to get fixed in Pattaya while I'm here.

When I ordered the new car I paid extra for the whiter than white paint, so I don't think I can get the paint chips touched up at any old shop.

Someone told me that if I take it back to the Honda dealer they will do it for free. Not sure about that, but it's worth a shot.

Failing that, can anyone put me onto a good paint detailer to touch up the paint work?

20161017_080952.jpg.6bc02e007519cb5dfa21

20161017_080941.jpg.e3af8dc76428e4e1ce7f

20161017_080927.jpg.6b96112f845c2707caf6

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

I had long time ago (as in 10+ years) a brand new Jazz and I brought it to Honda on advise with some chips. They pulled out some paint stick and touched it up. It was ok-ish, but not really what I would call a paint job well done. From what I understand you really need to repaint the entire affected body part. 

Honda recommended a great place on Suk on the left going north near Nua

Thank's....gota name for me?

Spose there are a few places on Suk going north near Pattaya Nua?

If you ain't gota name, can you tell me which Honda place and I could give them a visit.

Thanks

Honda dealer near BPH, K Suchard is manager.  The body shop, north of Honda,  has/had wonderful bodywork designs in front and is near and before the  Naklua traffic lights  (not Nua, sorry)

20 hours ago, prk888 said:

Honda dealer near BPH, K Suchard is manager.  The body shop, north of Honda,  has/had wonderful bodywork designs in front and is near and before the  Naklua traffic lights  (not Nua, sorry)

I think it's Pattaya Garage you mean, Suchart use to recommend that place.

I think it's Pattaya Garage you mean, Suchart use to recommend that place.

I went for a drive down there today.

Many car detail shops from BPH, stopped at a couple, but no one does car paint spots. Neither does Honda; so much for the person that said Honda would do it for free 555.

I could buy a small tin and do it myself but there is always the chance of stuffing up.

Where is Pattaya Garage?

Is it the one that repairs insurance jobs and been there for ages, on Sukhumvit LHS, just before the Pattaya North rd?

Thanks

Is the paint 3 Stage Pearl White or just white?

So happens I am a expert (37 years) Detailer and have a body shop in Santa Monica California live here and came across your post.  

The only way to get it done perfect requires the entire panel is painted and clear coated and color (refinished) sanded.  Not very expensive in Thailand. if it's a pearl white color you end results will likely fall short of your desired results unless you take it to a high end shop. 

Best to use the touch up paint and let it hide the blemish and protect the metal from rust.  My shop provides free touch up and I can make any color code  even  three stage pearls never turns out nice.  

Best to touch it up your self you can always remove the paint with nail polish remover and call it a day.  You can purchase a better touch up brush at a stationary store to do a better job. 

Edited by dannywla

Is the paint 3 Stage Pearl White or just white?
So happens I am a expert (37 years) Detailer and have a body shop in Santa Monica California live here and came across your post.  
The only way to get it done perfect requires the entire panel is painted and clear coated and color (refinished) sanded.  Not very expensive in Thailand. if it's a pearl white color you end results will likely fall short of your desired results unless you take it to a high end shop. 
Best to use the touch up paint and let it hide the blemish and protect the metal from rust.  My shop provides free touch up and I can make any color code  even  three stage pearls never turns out nice.  
Best to touch it up your self you can always remove the paint with nail polish remover and call it a day.  You can purchase a better touch up brush at a stationary store to do a better job. 

Thanks for the reply.

It is the pearl white......sounds like unfortunately [emoji53].

I was told that I could get some touch up paint at these car shops outside the big shopping malls, but not so yet in Pattaya, they don't seem to sell it.

Where would you buy the small tin of touch up paint in Pattaya, I'll need it to take back with me up north.

I'll get the brush at Frendship supermarket, top floor.

Paint code for Honda is on left doorpost. I had similar dings.
i got mine from US.
pm me and I will bring it January.
get the touch up sticks for applying the paint.
patches are invisible

Ok thanks.

Am just on my way to get some gas, so will have a look at that garage and probably PM you back.

Thanks again.

Paint code for Honda is on left doorpost. I had similar dings.
i got mine from US.
pm me and I will bring it January.
get the touch up sticks for applying the paint.
patches are invisible

Hi Thinkingman,

Did you get my PM?