Thai Death Certificate Registry Office Location

raysunshineray

My Thai fiancee cannot find her husband's death certificate which we will of course need for our planned marriage in Thailand.

Things are an added struggle for her with regards to bureaucracy as she's illiterate. 

Does anyone know or can anyone suggest where to obtain a duplicate?

What we're looking for is either a central or local Registry of Deaths office.

My fiancee lives near a place called Nong Chok - not too far north of Lat Krabang / Suvarnabhumi - so it could bean office in Bangkok we're looking for.

Registry of Deaths may be the same office as Registry of Births of course, but no idea about the Thai system.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks.

Death certificates are issued by the relevant hospital. Hopefully the certificate was taken to the district office, where the death would be registered on the civil registration database. If this has happened then the office where you will register your marriage will already know that your proposed wife is a widow.

Thanks for that blackcab.

It seems as though the Amphur office may deal with Births Deaths and Marriages under one roof, which will make things easier than I imagined. The paper trail will start at the district office nearest to the hospital where he died.

I appreciate your input. Thanks.

Births, Deaths and Marriages are dealt with in the same office. Also, the entire database is linked at all district offices. Your partner can go to any district office and ask her marital status. It does not need to be any district office in particular. 

If she is listed as a widow, you won't have to do anything else. The district office should accept the status listed on their computer.

Your partner can find all of this out now. All she has to do is go to her neatest district office and ask about her marital status.

When her husband died she should have taken the death certificate and house book,  tambian baan, to the district office.  The page in the house book with her husband's name should have been amended to show that he is deceased and all of the pertinent information written on that page.  Look at the house book if she has it>