Prayut makes surprise appointment of Bangkok Governor

webfact

4 hours ago, digibum said:

Very surprised he didn't appoint someone from TV forums.  So much expertise being wasted.  

our only chance to be appointed is if we gave a "Gen" in front of our names, as the country is divvied up between "Mil" and "Pol"

20 hours ago, bamukloy said:

Hate to be a spoilsport, but I can see a day coming when these kinds of news threads will all be locked for comment, and it will be a good thing, IMO.

Unless you are a Thai voter, all the speculation will do absolutely nothing.. but strain relations between Thai and farang. 

For sure , if it was a more sensitive PM (look at countries nearby) it would probably wind up with tougher visa restrictions.

I seem to remember a visa regulation of many countries..do not get involved in politics?

Its arguable whether commenting is classed as getting involved per se, but if you look at commenting in regards to other laws here, it is an absolute no-no.

In any case, if you are here under many of the existing visa classifications and rules, theres not a frikkin thing you can do about it, so why create unwanted noise?

And why would you find it neseccary to read, then comment, a very strange creature. Why do you think this forum survives?

1 hour ago, Rorri said:

And why would you find it neseccary to read, then comment, a very strange creature. Why do you think this forum survives?

My comnent has to do with foreigners ridiculing and being overly critical of Thai politics and officials...not comments in general.

At this time, its not ok for Thais to do it on social media. 

Weve seen evidence of that.

When somebody finally decides its not ok for farangs to do it, they will probably look at sites like this to set an example.

And then....

If you want to put yourself at risk..fine.

I dont see the point in it. 

You wont change anything. You think any Thai is gonna listen to a farang telling him how it is in his own country?

You will and always be..just a stupid farang.

You would put your head on the chopping block for the sake of having to be seen to be right?

Now thats a strange creature

4 hours ago, bamukloy said:

My comnent has to do with foreigners ridiculing and being overly critical of Thai politics and officials...not comments in general.

At this time, its not ok for Thais to do it on social media. 

Weve seen evidence of that.

When somebody finally decides its not ok for farangs to do it, they will probably look at sites like this to set an example.

And then....

If you want to put yourself at risk..fine.

I dont see the point in it. 

You wont change anything. You think any Thai is gonna listen to a farang telling him how it is in his own country?

You will and always be..just a stupid farang.

You would put your head on the chopping block for the sake of having to be seen to be right?

Now thats a strange creature

Ah, so if we don't agree with you, then we are stupid....mmmm, more strange creature thinking, do you think you are right and the rest are wrong. I  always knew there was a higher being. Now be a good kid and, seeing how you can predict the future, give us the winning lottery numbers, for the US, Australia UK, but not thailand, the "prize" just isn't worth it.

Edited by Rorri