Financial requirements for extension of stay

I will be applying and hopefully receiving a Non-O based on marriage at Savannakhet next week.  From what I've been reading they don't ask to see money in the bank for a certain period of time or proof of income.  After receiving the Non-O I understand that I can apply for an extension of stay 30 days prior to the end of the first 90 days.  I will be applying for the extension of stay in Bangkok.  Will I need to show 400k (or more) in the bank for a certain period of time?  If required, what is the minimum time period the funds must remain in the bank?  Will it work using income and not the 400k in the bank?  If so, how much income?  Is it just a matter of going to the U.S. embassy and getting a sworn letter, or do they want to see some sort of proof of income?

I'm sure this question has been answered 1000 times, but for some reason when I search I can't find anything.

Extension based on marriage requires 400K baht in Thai bank for a period of 2 months OR 40K baht income per month. Income statement can be obtained from the US Consulate in Bangkok without submitting proof of source or amount. You must make an appointment online.

• You can only apply for 60 day or 1 year extension of stay not 30 days.
  • A 60 day extension does not require financial proof.
  • A 1 year extension requires a minimum of 400K in the bank for two months. You can use income which must be a minimum of 40K pm and needs to be certified by the US Embassy. Immigration do to usually ask for proof.