US Passport

I went to ACS at the US Embassy in Bangkok yesterday to get my Income affidavit.  I was in and out in a half hour even though I was 1.5 hours early for my 0915 appointment.

A heads up!

There was a poster on the wall that states effective 1 November that they will no longer accept pictures with eye glasses for new passports or renewals.  A I didn't check the website to see if there is a warning there also.

47 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

I have always taken my glasses off for passport photos, same when i arrive at immigration

for the affidavit , did u pay cash>

have heard that outreach now wont take cash and u need get a money order or check from ur bank

Cash and credit/debit cards are still accepted at the embassy. You only need a bank draft for outreaches.

And here is the State Department announcement as to why glasses are no longer allowed:

https://travel.state.gov/content/passports/en/news/no-glasses.html

Partial quote from above full announcement:

Last year, more than 200,000 passport customers submitted poor quality photos which we couldn't accept. The #1 problem was glasses. We had to put their passport applications on hold because we couldn't clearly identify them from their photo.

A few years ago I tried to pay with my AX card and it was not accepted since it was issued in Thailand.  I asked this year and she said it had been corrected so I tried and it worked.  You are debited in USD not Thai baht and I don't know exactly what I paid as it takes American Express 2 days to update their online site.