Flying in and out on regular basis

IF you can qualify for a marriage visa/extebsion or you are over 50 and can qualify for a retirement visa/extension you can renew these annually.

If you travel in and out of the country often it would pay you to get the multi entry re-entry permit to go with your visa/extension.

The reason is that if you purchase the multi-entry re-entry permit at the same time as your annual renewal that multple exit re-entry is also good for the same period as your one- year renewal and expires at the same time.

Yes, the multi entry exit permit costs more but it can be used for a year.

if you enter Thailand more than 3 times each year ....a single reentry costs 1000 baht and a multiple re-entry costs 3800 baht.

So if you use your multiple  entry reetry permit more thsn 3 times in a yesr.... then you're ahead on a cost per use basis.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 1:48 PM, ubonjoe said:

It is normal procedure.

The visa application has to be approved by a higher ranking officer...

Brief update on this experience for those who may be going through it for the first time.

I went back to bkk immigration dist. 1 as instructed.

Very easy again. Received my 90 day stamp in about twenty minutes.

Down to 1st floor for a few copies then applied for my single re-entry permit.

Also painless considering the size of the crowd, permit process took a little less than 2 hours from the time I started my descent to get copies made. Immigration Officers were polite, professional and helpful to me. Their English is much better than my Thai and everything went very smoothly.

One quick question for you more experienced ex-pats. With my 90 day expiring on 15 FEB 2017, the first day I could apply to get a one year extension would be Monday 16 JAN 2017 with a final day to apply of Monday 30 JAN 2017, correct? I also assume the procedure is very similar. I hope I am on the right track.

Edited by Ramen087
typos

7 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

One quick question for you more experienced ex-pats. With my 90 day expiring on 15 FEB 2017, the first day I could apply to get a one year extension would be Monday 16 JAN 2017 with a final day to apply of Monday 30 JAN 2017, correct? I also assume the procedure is very similar. I hope I am on the right track.

• If applying in CW Bangkok they will let you apply within the 45 days before Feb 15th.
  • The last day you can apply is Feb 15th.
Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, elviajero said:
  • If applying in CW Bangkok they will let you apply within the 45 days before Feb 15th.
  • The last day you can apply is Feb 15th.

Chaengwattana is my district. Thanks for the information and the quick reply. I plan on getting it done along with a multiple re-entry on the same day. Then it is one trip per year to CW with the option of postal service or on-line 90 day reporting. Gotta love it!

On Thursday, October 20, 2016 at 11:40 PM, elviajero said:

Using Visa Exempt Entries is really only a short term option. If you're over 50, or the spouse/parent of a Thai you'd be better advised to apply for a 1 year Extension of Stay (1,900 baht) and a Multiple Entry Re-Entry Permit (3,800 baht). That way you can come and go as often as you want without the inevitable hassle at the border.

Over 50 and father of Thai children living with them and their mother, taking care them.

You forgot, apply for 1 year extension comes also with at least 400.000 B. To show to have in Thai Bank for 3 month, or to show fitting, high enough regular monthly income, if I am not wrong. ?

I until now try to please the system with Non Immigrant O Visa, Tourist Visa - if I have not all papers with me and if convinient with my travelling, a Visa exempt entry on land and Airport border.

On top of these entries I put usually an extension of stay for 60 days for having Thai children.

I solve now regular with Tea money the Udon Thani Immigrations often shown hesitation and trying to deny me these extensions.

That Tea money is now taken with friendly smiles by the higher (highest?) ranking senior officer at the desk.

I get now also the privilege, that he orders a younger staff, to fill out my paper.

I have only to sign. For me worth the Tea money. TIT ?

Edited by ALFREDO

• 1 month later...

My first post in a while; I recently returned from visiting relative and friends. First and foremost I would like to extend my wishes for a happy and healthy 2017 to everyone. May all your hopes and aspirations be achievements by the end of the year. Now down to relying on the generosity of the more experienced members of the forum.

I have my ninety day type O-retirement stamp in my passport and filed for a single re-entry permit to keep my visa valid. Now I am ready to extend 365 additional days. This will be my initial application for a one year extension.

I have maintained a balance in a Thai bank of over 800,000 baht since August. Do I also need to bring proof of income? I meet the requirement and produced a notarized document when applying for and receiving the initial 90 day retirement visa.

Also, I have a copy of my one year lease on my rental condo. I also have a TV/internet bill, water bill, and electricity bill with my address and/or name on them.

I will also have a copy of my bank passbook. I understand any bank within the district one complex will produce a letter for me attesting to the pertinent facts regarding the bank balance. I bank at Bangkok Bank; is it correct to assume they have a branch in the complex?

I'll also be getting a multiple re-entry permit so I will bring forms TM8 & TM87 filled out as fully as possible.

I also have a few extra passport photos I will bring with me. And obviously, my bank passbook & passport {DUH!}. Is there anything else I should take with me to make sure the process goes smoothly?

Thanking everyone for their help previously and gratefully acknowledging your assistance on today's inquiry, I am in your debt.

Ramen

2 minutes ago, Ramen087 said:

My first post in a while; I recently returned from visiting relative and friends. First and foremost I would like to extend my wishes for a happy and healthy 2017 to everyone. May all your hopes and aspirations be achievements by the end of the year. Now down to relying on the generosity of the more experienced members of the forum.

I have my ninety day type O-retirement stamp in my passport and filed for a single re-entry permit to keep my visa valid. Now I am ready to extend 365 additional days. This will be my initial application for a one year extension.

I have maintained a balance in a Thai bank of over 800,000 baht since August. Do I also need to bring proof of income? I meet the requirement and produced a notarized document when applying for and receiving the initial 90 day retirement visa.

Also, I have a copy of my one year lease on my rental condo. I also have a TV/internet bill, water bill, and electricity bill with my address and/or name on them.

I will also have a copy of my bank passbook. I understand any bank within the district one complex will produce a letter for me attesting to the pertinent facts regarding the bank balance. I bank at Bangkok Bank; is it correct to assume they have a branch in the complex?

I'll also be getting a multiple re-entry permit so I will bring forms TM8 & TM87 filled out as fully as possible.

I also have a few extra passport photos I will bring with me. And obviously, my bank passbook & passport {DUH!}. Is there anything else I should take with me to make sure the process goes smoothly?

Thanking everyone for their help previously and gratefully acknowledging your assistance on today's inquiry, I am in your debt.

Ramen

You do not need proof of income since you meet the 800k baht in the bank requirement.

There is a Bangkok Bank branch on the ground floor of Chaeng Wattana immigration. They will do the letter and update your bank book. You will then need to have copies done of the updated bank book. There is copy service there also.

You will use a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 photo attached to apply for the extension. The TM87 form is for a visa application. You will need a photo for the TM8 form also.

You will need copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure card for both the extension and re-entry permit. After you get your extension stamp you will need to get a copy of it to apply for the re-entry permit application.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You do not need proof of income since you meet the 800k baht in the bank requirement...

Ubon Joe: Thank you very much for the prompt and comprehensive response, particularly regarding the TM7 form. Having all my ducks in a row prior to leaving my place (as much as possible), and knowing what I can only do in the District 1 complex and the proper procedure is invaluable. With appreciation, Ramen.

• 2 weeks later...

Quick follow up. Visited our friends at Division 1 Immigration in BKK today. Even though I arrived late due to traffic accident clogging roads, it was a pleasant experience. Arrived Bangkok Bank at 09:00 and was out of there in twenty minutes, letter in hand and bank passbook updated. Had all my docs ready for 365 day extension and after a fifty minute reading session of GoT {book one} was processed in about fifteen minutes during which I filled out some simple forms presented by the immigration officer. After a fifteen minute wait during which passport and bank passbook were reviewed I received passport back with one year extension. Then had copy made of new visa in order to receive queue ticket for multiple re-entry permit. I could not obtain that ticket without showing copies of the extension to the queue ticket ladies, by the way. Straight to that multiple re-entry section and after a minimal wait, docs presented, monies paid and hopefully a quick turnaround. And yes, it did happen that way, with the immigration pros putting the pedal go the metal and getting me out of there literally two minutes prior to Noon and a one hour lunch break. A painless experience thanks to the free flow of accurate information as provided in this thread. Mille Grazie.

Edited by Ramen087