Japanese man shoots his ex wife over marriage break-up settlement

webfact

40 minutes ago, Farang99 said:

It's not injustice - it's just following the law. Any land will be in the wife's name, (unless it has been registered to one of these phony companies) and in all probability house, cars etc. will be the same.

Actually the law stipulates 50/50 of all assets acquired during the marriage to be split upon divorce.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Grubster said:

Yes, three times I have walked away leaving most behind. Freedom, Dignity, and Quality of life is the key to happiness, possessions don't really count for that much. That said my pensions were/are untouchable, if those had been given away, I may have snapped. I don't even dislike the women that took from me, couples just grow apart 80% of the time. I feel a bit proud that they have been a bit better off when I leave. All of them have tried to come back but when its over its over.

thats why divorce is so expensive. it is worth it.

9 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

this is the law here but in reality if the foreign man has made the mistake to legally marry a thai they will loose most of their assets especially if land is involved.

My understanding has always been that if they are legally married husband is protected  and the courts usually uphold that,  it is when they're not legally married there anything in her name belongs to her no division of property 

2 hours ago, malcoml said:

Told my wife before we married that one way or another she will not have the opportunity to enjoy anything I have worked for if she does me wrong.

no court of justice in the world cares what you told her; at the time of a split it is hard facts only that count

I believe by putting your house in a company name and making yourself the only director the wife will be unable to get the property.  However, the divorce court may rule in her favour so that you have to sell the house and split the proceeds.  At least you will walk away with half instead of nothing!

2 hours ago, GOLDBUGGY said:

It never used to be this way. It just started in the West after equal rights where thrown around in Divorce Courts so much with Bra Burning Women complaining they are not being treated fairly by their cheating husbands. .

So now you can have a wife that screws around on you while you are at work supporting her, then sue you later for Divorce and get to keep the house you paid for, to share with her new boyfriend, as she had your child they will now raise together. You end up paying child support for many years to come for a child you hardly see anymore. 

You call that Justice? It is no small wonder why many people in the West take the law into their own hands after divorce proceedings when they end up with something like this. .  

Hmmm, "many people in the West take the law into their own hands after divorce proceedings...."  I just read an article about a particularly heinous case.  Some guy in the US infected his infant son with HIV-tainted blood....so that he wouldn't have to pay child support.  But the boy overcame it and grew to be a man. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-37696071

Pretty inspiring...and heartbreaking article.

Only invest anything in Thailand if you are willing to lose it. Maybe he didn't understand the form he signed at the land office to state the money bought for the house was purchased with his wife's money (the land office doesn't care if it is o isn't). 

2 hours ago, malcoml said:

Told my wife before we married that one way or another she will not have the opportunity to enjoy anything I have worked for if she does me wrong.

As if you should have the power to do so much about it. If you don´t mean breaking the law, and you just treathened her just before your marriage.
Seems like a strange thing to say to your future wife.

2 hours ago, SOTIRIOS said:

.....from experience...

..you are slandered...stereotyped.....the wife brings in 'witnesses'....

...and even your own lawyer seems 'bought'.....cooperating with the wife to get her at least 95% of joint assets.....

...anyone that doesn't like to here this firsthand truth can go !@#$%^& himself.....

...time for the foreign governments to speak up.....

...not only the husband suffers...the children suffer...

....and all the people that depended on the husband...such as family back home.....when he was a viable entity.....

....unjust=criminal.......

...something has to be done....

Thanks for dwindling down my rebuttal over the initial comment in consideration of "foreigners" now you've just described what can happen to someone in other places of the world, at least if they work alone, all over for their own government.

Trust me, my feelings are the same for anyone that doesn't like to hear the first hand truth, while I'm still settling the score.  

It happens in the west too. I got dumped by my wife after 27 years of marriage,  a week after I just finished 2 years work building a small apartment complex,   then to find she had been screwing up to 5 guys a week for all that time ( probably a lot longer ) while I was working my butt of for a good retirement..  my great retirement lasted one week..   Then lost my big 3 story house ( I also built ) my car,  lifestyle, business and the apartment complex I just finished building... now 12 years later I live here  (thankfully)  but in a small 32 sqm condo. 

Often wonder if I should have shot my wife,  spent 10 years in jail   (when most of that time I did nothing, and was very depressed )

and now would be a very wealthy guy ??????   I won't be marring any poor Thai woman either,  but am talking to a wealthy Chinese one now,,, so maybe ?? 

And your good GF may just be off screwing some other guy when she is out with her "friends"   making a thousand or two on the side. or I should say on her back, ??  It does happen, I have had two different girls come here,  when they tell there boyfriends they going out with a friend for coffee.. 

If she is so bored now and they money you give here is not enough ????     well you never know.. ........ maybe I seen your GF,  hahaha

3 hours ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

many guys i know have walked away from almost anything but they are still happy just to have their freedom back.

That's ok if your pretty well off,  but if you put everything into that house and lose it all,  plus your (loving? haha) wife,

I don't think many would be too happy about it !!! 

10 minutes ago, flyingdoc said:

Goldbuggy, I sympathise with what you have written, and have encountered exactly the same situation as you have described - to the letter!

It was not in Thailand, it was in Kent in England !

Best to rent in Thailand. Too many sad stories of Farang's and others being cheated and left with nothing. Keep your money and assets in your home country.

26 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Hmmm, "many people in the West take the law into their own hands after divorce proceedings...."  I just read an article about a particularly heinous case.  Some guy in the US infected his infant son with HIV-tainted blood....so that he wouldn't have to pay child support.  But the boy overcame it and grew to be a man. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-37696071

Pretty inspiring...and heartbreaking article.

Most at people I know in The West that have money and brains

have a pre -nup.....

3 hours ago, kmj said:

Best plan is to not give it up in the first place instead of fking up your own life when it all goes bad because you're the idiot that gave it all away...

Yup; i've said it before and will say it time and time again......The Golden Rule in Thailand is only spend what you can afford to walk away from !

5 minutes ago, slippery snake said:

That's ok if your pretty well off,  but if you put everything into that house and lose it all,  plus your (loving? haha) wife,

I don't think many would be too happy about it !!! 

you would be surprised how often it happens in thailand. happens quite a bit back in the west as well. last friend of mine walked away from house and 2 cars to start from zero again but he was just glad it was all over. he has a good attitude. most guys would let ti ruin the rest of their lives. hasnt happened to me yet and i am doing what i can to protect myself. is delaying my move back to nz to get my kids into school.

15 minutes ago, slippery snake said:

It happens in the west too. I got dumped by my wife after 27 years of marriage,  a week after I just finished 2 years work building a small apartment complex,   then to find she had been screwing up to 5 guys a week for all that time ( probably a lot longer ) while I was working my butt of for a good retirement..  my great retirement lasted one week..   Then lost my big 3 story house ( I also built ) my car,  lifestyle, business and the apartment complex I just finished building... now 12 years later I live here  (thankfully)  but in a small 32 sqm condo. 

Often wonder if I should have shot my wife,  spent 10 years in jail   (when most of that time I did nothing, and was very depressed )

and now would be a very wealthy guy ??????   I won't be marring any poor Thai woman either,  but am talking to a wealthy Chinese one now,,, so maybe ?? 

And your good GF may just be off screwing some other guy when she is out with her "friends"   making a thousand or two on the side. or I should say on her back, ??  It does happen, I have had two different girls come here,  when they tell there boyfriends they going out with a friend for coffee.. 

If she is so bored now and they money you give here is not enough ????     well you never know.. ........ maybe I seen your GF,  hahaha

Haha  last part relates to another story I was reading about the guy wondering if 20K was enough to give his GF every month.. 

I must be getting old ... 

18 minutes ago, slippery snake said:

Won't say this is total BS...just unbelieveable!

1 hour ago, Grubster said:

Yes, three times I have walked away leaving most behind. Freedom, Dignity, and Quality of life is the key to happiness, possessions don't really count for that much. That said my pensions were/are untouchable, if those had been given away, I may have snapped. I don't even dislike the women that took from me, couples just grow apart 80% of the time. I feel a bit proud that they have been a bit better off when I leave. All of them have tried to come back but when its over its over.

A very tolerant and very sensible man.

Archived