How much should I pay a maid for cleaning Studio?

KimKimBk

7 hours ago, dotpoom said:

500 baht is the standard price in Pattaya for cleaning a room after a customer has moved out. Size doesn't really matter I think.

250 baht at my 4 year old Pattaya apartment block..............500 baht-no way standard in Pattaya :sorry:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose you agreed on the price before they started the job...

By asking now if it's too much you take the risk to know you've been cheated and to not sleep well because of that.

If you think it's OK for you then let them come back again for clean.

If you think it was too much or the job wasn't done according to your criteria then talk to them or let someone else do the job.

It's depending if it's a call for service or regular fixed, that latter shall be little cheaper; and live-in or full time maid cheapest counted per hour. But whatever you can agree and both parts feel is fair – win-win – hourly rate where I live is 100 baht to 200 baht; full time maid some 8,000 baht to 11,000 baht a month, depending of number of days a week, food, live-in etc.

1 hour ago, petedk said:

She works about 2 hours a day and sleeps or plays with her mobile the rest of the day. She only does the cleaning and washes clothes as she can't cook.

She knows she has good working conditions.

Oh she gets free food. The maid next door is also from Myanmar. She works 10 hours a day, (it is some kind of guest house), washed bed clothes constantly and pays for her own food. 9000 Baht a month

Our maid just went away for a month. She is here every day, but if she wants a day off she can.

As I say, we are happy to have her for the security.

oh  dear...........

On 10/21/2016 at 6:19 PM, KimKimBk said:

The maid asked for 500 THB, for the cleaning of a 25qm studio. Is took her (and the girl she brought with her) about 1h to 1h and 15min to be done with the cleaning. I found the price extremely high, and wanted to pay just 300 THB. 

the maid asked, you agreed. after the job was done you wanted to cheat her out of 200 Baht. shame on you!

6 hours ago, paul18620 said:

I would say 500 That is OVERPRICED and you should only give the going rate which is 300 BHAT ,,,but its up to you 

going rates do not exist. nearly every case is different. if the job was carried out to your satisfaction you should give what was agreed!

It seems expensive to me but I guess that's the going rate in your area. It's interesting to read how the other half live!
Have I understood correctly, the OP lives in a 25m2 condo? My place is only 50m2 and I feel it's small so I just clean myself.
I hired a maid to clean it once, about 5 years ago and I wasn't impressed. She just used a wet rag to wipe all the visible surfaces and then mopped the floor. I'd rather clean myself.
I found that Daiso (where everything's 60baht) sells packs of wet tissues for cleaning the floor. You attach them to a flat head 'mop' and away you go. They work really well and at least you know it's clean as opposed to having someone drag the same rag over everything. 

minimum wage 350 bath a day??

I personally see absolutley no reason why a cleaner should be paid a hourly rate as much as a sr superintendent.

Ridiculous.......

200 bath more then enough.

We have a large 3 bed detached house in Pattaya , i am so handsome that i get it done for just making love to the maid , sorry wife  at least a few times a week:thumbsup:

actually , my wife loves to do it herself ,she also washes the car , and does the garden , she is a fitness fanatic , always on the go ,the only time i ever see her stopped is when she has her nose in a book or on the phone to a client,

she wears me out

i live by what Oscar Wilde said" sometimes i feel the need to exercise,so i lay down until the feeling goes away"

oh by the way , to the op , even i used to clean the room i used to live in in London all those years ago , do it yourself .

14 hours ago, petermik said:

250 baht at my 4 year old Pattaya apartment block..............500 baht-no way standard in Pattaya :sorry:

Standard like a 40 Baht short soi trip taxI robbery .  500 to much for 2 hours work  Thet get what I pay.  Or they get nothing. 

Edited by performance

Ask yourself, would you clean someone's place for two hours and be happy with 500 thb? 

It's all relative. If I lived like a thai, 500 baht is outstanding for 2 hour. That buys a weeks worth of food.

Try doing that in the West

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

On 21/10/2016 at 7:01 PM, petedk said:

You live in Thong Lor area, I live in Thong Lor area.

We pay the price.

500Bht is a little on the high side, but then so is 250 for a pint of Chang Beer.

Accept it or move.

Or get your mum over to do it,she is used to cleaning up after you and is free.

8 hours ago, i claudius said:

making love to the maid , sorry wife  at least a few times a week

she wears me out

i claudius

careful what you put on here.....too much information......can easily be misconstrued 5555555

lucky chap "she wears me out" :sleepy:

pay only 300 baht,   its enough for 1 hours work,  i could clean a 25 sqm condo in 30 minutes myself so she is being greedy,   indeed if she were cleaning it twice a week then make a deal for 500 baht.

if she doesnt want the 300 tell her go work in the rice field all day  or any amount of bars in pattaya 300 baht for a 12 hour shift !

On 10/21/2016 at 7:20 PM, petedk said:

We pay 10K a month + free food for a live-in Burmese maid.

I don't know if that is expensive or not, but we have the added security that there is always someone home.

does your maid cook? i'm paying 12K. luckily she's a good cook so i don't mind paying the extra

3 hours ago, Faz said:

Or that a maid would work for someone with such an attitude.

I have never had a problem and own 4 condos all studios. I are the employer. you may enjoy being robbed. Good luck to you. I employ 12 Thais and 500 is robbery. 

I clean my self when possible. Most Thais are not worth 200. I have to clean again lol. My mother taught us well.

5 minutes ago, performance said:

I have never had a problem and own 4 condos all studios. I are the employer. you may enjoy being robbed. Good luck to you. I employ 12 Thais and 500 is robbery. 

I clean my self when possible. Most Thais are not worth 200. I have to clean again lol. My mother taught us well.

you is the employer of 12 Thais to clean 4 studio apartments? you be da man. hats off!