Taking Money to Thailand

oporhatch

22 hours ago, Naam said:

8 hours ago, Naam said:

i have used your 1.25% which is of course incorrect. the difference between cash at SuperRich and the "much worse" TT rate (e.g. Siam Commercial) is today 42.80 minus 42.45 = 0.35 - if this difference equals 1.25% ("the bulk of the benefit") i suggest a little brush-up of your maths.

why you love to cheat?

I am not sure TT rate be 42.8 yesterday( i guess it be near 42.45-42.6)

But its fine got YOUR rate..

43.15-42.8= 0.35

0.35* 20000= 7000Bth For me its money..Ofcouse you Rich guys so never mind for you 5k-30k

But please do no need  misleading people.

PC

i am sure you can show proof TT rate be yesterday 42.8 as you say.

Is it?

8750334435cd48a3b38a94e6a12a6332.png

1 minute ago, ardokano said:

yes but it is still more than TT rate

most of the time period. Although there are exceptions, but it is not for a long time. may be a few days a year when TT  rate higher than good exchangers rate

I don't know for certain but it seems only logical that at least one of the Thai banks TT rate will be better than the SR cash rate, probably at least weekly if not daily - just the very frequency of rate changes plus the ever changing needs of banks to obtain foreign currency suggest that will be true. But as said, I don't know for sure, sorry, didn't mean to butt into your exchange with naam on this.

Also needs to be remembered that sterling is hardly the most stable currency at the moment so by the time you are in a position to change it the rate could have moved significantly however most swift transfers i have done this year have arrived same day.

16 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

I don't know for certain but it seems only logical that at least one of the Thai banks TT rate will be better than the SR cash rate, probably at least weekly if not daily - just the very frequency of rate changes plus the ever changing needs of banks to obtain foreign currency suggest that will be true. But as said, I don't know for sure, sorry, didn't mean to butt into your exchange with naam on this.

Why Thai banks TT rate must be better than SR cash?

On US dollar many time in SR have difference only 1-3 cents.

And  SR exchange rate can be unstable and few hour change..

And sure for 20k you can ask better rate than on display or online.

Only US $ it be difficult because there so little margin.

but as example if rate sell/buy different 3-6 cent you ca easy get 1-3 cent  if you change  10K or more.

Edited by ardokano

3 minutes ago, Orac said:

Also needs to be remembered that sterling is hardly the most stable currency at the moment so by the time you are in a position to change it the rate could have moved significantly however most swift transfers i have done this year have arrived same day.

WHy?

What disasters it may affect?

Just now, ardokano said:

Why Thai banks TT rate must be better than SR cash?

On US dollar many time in SR have difference only 1-3 cents.

And  SR exchange rate can be unstable and few hour change..

And sure for 20k you can ask better rate then on display or online.

Only US $ it be difficult because there so little margin.

but as example if rate sell/buy different 3-6 cent you ca easy get 1-3 cent  if you change  10K or more.

I already explained, the sheer frequency of rate changes, the mismatched timing of those changes and the ever changing demand by banks for foreign currency means that at least one banks TT rate will exceed the SR cash rate, perhaps not for long but almost certainly weekly if not daily.

1 minute ago, chiang mai said:

I already explained, the sheer frequency of rate changes, the mismatched timing of those changes and the ever changing demand by banks for foreign currency means that at least one banks TT rate will exceed the SR cash rate, perhaps not for long but almost certainly weekly if not daily.

SO i say its be in total  few day per year ;)

this is time 15 min..

or next week half hour.

You agree it is not serious to catch these moments. and it is simply not possible with TT.

WHy?
What disasters it may affect?

To be honest, if you are not aware of the movement of GBP against other currencies this year and the main reason behind it, then you are probably not best placed to offer advice regarding it.

Just now, ardokano said:

SO i say its be in total  few day per year ;)

this is time 15 min..

or next week half hour.

You agree it is not serious to catch these moments. and it is simply not possible with TT.

Go argue with naam, you're clearly not listening to me - out!

Just now, Orac said:

To be honest, if you are not aware of the movement of GBP against other currencies this year and the main reason behind it, then you are probably not best placed to offer advice regarding it.

You know?:post-4641-1156694572:

So i ask you WHY?

Just now, chiang mai said:

Go argue with naam, you're clearly not listening to me - out!

excuse me. I'm not arguing with you. I'm only doing your thought. and I agree that there are moments when the bank TT some times upper than SR .

but this does not significantly over time.
  This work exchangers  monitor the rate and give the customer the best price on cash.

2 hours ago, ardokano said:

why you love to cheat?

I am not sure TT rate be 42.8 yesterday( i guess it be near 42.45-42.6)

But its fine got YOUR rate..

43.15-42.8= 0.35

0.35* 20000= 7000Bth For me its money..Ofcouse you Rich guys so never mind for you 5k-30k

But please do no need  misleading people.

PC

i am sure you can show proof TT rate be yesterday 42.8 as you say.

Is it?

DELETED. SuperRich was 42.80 for cash, Siam Commercial was 42.45 for TT. difference 0.35 Baht.

you can check old SCB rates here:

http://www.scb.co.th/scb_api/index.jsp

-goto "historical rates"

-select date

-view

Edited by seedy
FLAMING

1 hour ago, ardokano said:

the only thing that is not serious are your arguments which prove that you possess a wealth of no idea DELETED. all major banks give you the option to exchange the transferred up to six months after the money was credited. for amounts value USD 25k (amount varies depending on bank) or higher you get a phone call and you are offered a rate. you can accept, negotiate or postpone the exchange if you think you will gain by waiting.

your "simply not possible with TT" is therefore an incorrect comment which only proves your ignorance. i suggest you better stick to your expert knowledge pertaining to Hong Kong hotel prices.

Edited by seedy
Insult

2 minutes ago, Naam said:

you need to improve your English because i am not inclined to post in Russian. SuperRich was 42.80 for cash, Siam Commercial was 42.45 for TT. difference 0.35 Baht.

you can check old SCB rates here:

http://www.scb.co.th/scb_api/index.jsp

-goto "historical rates"

-select date

-view

You link cant see

You still did not show. You can make a print screen and place '?

SuperRich rate for cash a show it be 43.15   yesterday

8750334435cd48a3b38a94e6a12a6332.png

Your link

bf14b3b1a06e44648d008e00ae610b91.png

aed7374ca2c3479c9b047b6aeb523da7.png

42 minutes ago, Naam said:

the only thing that is not serious are your arguments which prove that you possess a wealth of no idea DELETED. all major banks give you the option to exchange the transferred up to six months after the money was credited. for amounts value USD 25k (amount varies depending on bank) or higher you get a phone call and you are offered a rate. you can accept, negotiate or postpone the exchange if you think you will gain by waiting.

your "simply not possible with TT" is therefore an incorrect comment which only proves your ignorance. i suggest you better stick to your expert knowledge pertaining to Hong Kong hotel prices.

DELETED

Second TT rate  if the jumps after jumped cash rate.

So if you do not fly especially for the money to another country and the amount is not so large. Quite a big chance that the 1.5-2% of the difference with a non-cash/cash exchange rate.

DELETED

Please show me TT rate 24 oct 2016-  42.8

Edited by seedy
FLAMING

again a confirmation of my words

PROOFF

This is Super Rich Rate- 43.15

NOW TODAY

d10aad3eb1c643dbbe04b5e49262df7b.png

This is SCB bank Rate TT is- 42.32

7d976bfe73bc446a9993da0642c0cda0.png

So in total

43.15 - 42.32= 0.85

0.85* 20000= 17000 Bath...

And this is reality

rather than what is unsubstantiated fabrications NAAM

You have made a number of errors in this post.

1) You have assumed the poster is American. He is in fact British. So he is referring to £20,000.
2) The saving is approximately 1.25% of £20,000 = £250. At current exchange rates this is around $305 US not $50.
3) The car dealer would be very happy to receive his payment by bank transfer. Cash payment would not be required to purchase the car.

The trouble is when you post up such inaccurate rubbish in such a perjorative style, it misinforms the reader and makes you look like an angry old ranter.

Please try to contribute with at least some factual accuracy and fewer insults.

Regards
Briggsy

The last pickup truck I bought I asked the dealer if he wanted cash or bank cashier's check ?
The Isuzu dealer wanted cash. The dealer met me at my bank and I paid about 6 or 7 inches of money, just about 1,000,000 Baht

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

5 minutes ago, Naam said:

for your information... yesterday was october 24 not 25. now go and argue with Chiang Mai  :cheesy:

i am busy with my "criminal community" and can't afford to waste time with loudmouthed little boys.

Yes yersterday its 24. 

24 i cant see an i show screenprint.

bf14b3b1a06e44648d008e00ae610b91.png

SO can you show me rate  TT 24 october

you just say but not show..

And right now I showed an example at the same time, non-cash TT exchange rate
less than cash in Super rich

SO where proof of your worlds?

Insulting post Edited. Flaming post Edited and Removed

Keep the Personal Attacks off this Forum or face Suspension.

Forum Rules -

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

3. If possible please proofread your post first, poor grammar and spelling can make the post difficult to understand. However be aware that not every member is a native english speaker and excessive posts regarding others spelling and grammar not only hijacks the topic but is poor netiquette.

On 29.10.2016 at 0:50 AM, pumpjack said:

easiest way

easy ......wire it,      it costs about £10 / 500 baht .  

if you lose it on your travels or the HMRC confiscate it then its your own fault for being such a cheap charlie.

the difference TT exchange rate with cash exchange rate can be even 17000 Bt for 20k GBP

so which 500 B if its can be "cost" 15K B or more..

and why its must be confiscate or lose?

which is absurd justification.
  so you can say that can be stolen from your bank account or hold account/ money..

So where is cheap charlie? an what is cheap charlie? You not cheap easy going 17k Bt?

I do realise that mathematics is not one of most peoples' highest ability, but a helpful trick about the exchange rate is that when changing say £1,000 a ฿1 increase in the exchange rate gets you another ฿1,000 and vice versa.

So at ฿40/£1 then £1,000 nets you ฿40,000 and ฿41/£1 nets you ฿41,000.  For £20,000 then the figures for those exchange rates would be ฿800,000 and ฿820,000 which you should be able to do in your head.

This works for US$ and € too - try it & see.  I find it really handy when comparing rates.  For US$20,000 then the figures for ฿33/US$1 & ฿34/US$1 would be ฿660,000 and ฿680,000.

Amazing that nobody here knows about Xendpay.

https://secure.xendpay.com/costs

The exchange rate is way better then those of the banks. Most of the time the rate is even better than changing cash at Superrich or Vasu.

The commission is 1%, but you can pay as little as you want. You can even lower the commission to 0%.

Transfer takes about 1 week.

Edited by khrai

10 hours ago, DiDiChok said:

I do realise that mathematics is not one of most peoples' highest ability, but a helpful trick about the exchange rate is that when changing say £1,000 a ฿1 increase in the exchange rate gets you another ฿1,000 and vice versa.

So at ฿40/£1 then £1,000 nets you ฿40,000 and ฿41/£1 nets you ฿41,000.  For £20,000 then the figures for those exchange rates would be ฿800,000 and ฿820,000 which you should be able to do in your head.

This works for US$ and € too - try it & see.  I find it really handy when comparing rates.  For US$20,000 then the figures for ฿33/US$1 & ฿34/US$1 would be ฿660,000 and ฿680,000.

What about you talking?

Bank Rate its more than 1 Bt.

28f4eea1636842bc96f693b1655798ad.png

But  in some exchangers difference is less than 1 B

4caf60718cd041988b2b9c62de257d63.png

And sure its not work for US$ because the difference buy/sell exchange rate on the US dollar in the minimum amount in good exchangers 0.02-0.1 Bt

1 hour ago, khrai said:

Amazing that nobody here knows about Xendpay.

https://secure.xendpay.com/costs

The exchange rate is way better then those of the banks. Most of the time the rate is even better than changing cash at Superrich or Vasu.

The commission is 1%, but you can pay as little as you want. You can even lower the commission to 0%.

Transfer takes about 1 week.

No need so many words

df48808bd796426da7f42f5d126f5d73.png

where is  "even better than changing cash at Superrich" ?

And +1%

so for 20k as OP ask its be 199 GBP or near  8500 Bt

do not think its cheapest way  take money to thailand.

Again OP travels to Thailand, then it has the ability to get cash without any additional cost.

6 minutes ago, ardokano said:

No need so many words

df48808bd796426da7f42f5d126f5d73.png

where is  "even better than changing cash at Superrich" ?

And +1%

so for 20k as OP ask its be 199 GBP or near  8500 Bt

do not think its cheapest way  take money to thailand.

Again OP travels to Thailand, then it has the ability to get cash without any additional cost.

You should never compare rates on weekends. Banks don't work on Sundays.  Try again on monday.

As for the 1%: read my posting. You can lower the commission to 0% if you want.